Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
4/10 Severe OBS

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OFB just came roaring through here, I heard this noise, and walked outside and got sandblasted, lol. Must have been close to 50 mph. Now the fire calls for wires down, etc. are starting.

Ryan I missed out here, been back and forth also with the skywarn webinar also, but that missed me to the north, didn't speak to soon locally, but it's early in the year, I am down to 2 tripods now so I am now limited. I hope that stuff out west makes it though.

Was at the rink and this was before it even started raining. I guess something knocked the power out. Minimal lightning by the time the storm got to west goshen. Can't complain for this early in the spring. post-4791-136564815641.jpg

Also here's the radar from the time the storm hit. Purtty to look at.

post-4791-136564841978.jpg

Delco got brushed by the 1st round. Havertown had some decent downpours and wind from the outflows. Went to the gf's house in media and it was bone dry there (1st round)

2nd round storms really weakened as they approached the river. Lightning really died out and rain was short lived and spotty

Delco got brushed by the 1st round. Havertown had some decent downpours and wind from the outflows. Went to the gf's house in media and it was bone dry there (1st round)

2nd round storms really weakened as they approached the river. Lightning really died out and rain was short lived and spotty

Yeah I can attest to that, two gust fronts in Brookhaven barely any rain even from the second round. The damn river temps are sorta what killed off the storms also just one factor plus the outflow driven forcing from that line as I estimated 50+ MPH wind gusts during the outflow.

Yeah I can attest to that, two gust fronts in Brookhaven barely any rain even from the second round. The damn river temps are sorta what killed off the storms also just one factor plus the outflow driven forcing from that line as I estimated 50+ MPH wind gusts during the outflow.

lol what, the river temps? If that was the case then how come places up north like bethlehem and phillipsburg area got hit got and up into stroudsburg?

Yea, the river is so micro micro climate it's not even an issue., especially with a predominantly west wind. Timing was an issue, as was weaker forcing. The 1st segment unleashed a pretty decent OFB near the pa/NJ line that really helped stabilized the atmosphere out ahead of the 2nd line. You hAve to remember, it's April and we we're lacking low level moisture.

Overall, not a half bad set up with a nice EML and shear. Wouldn't look too much into it.

Archived