• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Stormfest 2013

Isopycnic

I volunteer and work part-time at the NCMNS, and I've worked this event the past couple of years. It's a lot of fun! I definitely recommend going if you haven't been, admission is free and the new Nature Research Center is pretty sweet. I'm trying to nudge my supervisors to bring back the NWS folks to do the Skywarn class that they held in 2011 (but not last year for some reason).

• 3 weeks later...

This thing is meant for the kids... :P

Well at least teens.

Lol is it?  I'll go anyways :P

My kids are too young to understand I'm sure, the oldest is 6 and the rest are 5, 3 and 15 months :P

Too many to bring by myself anyways, haha

I have gotten them all pretty into the weather though....every time there's a storm, my 5 year old girl says "is there gonna be a t'nado?" heh heh.

Also, at the bottom of the event page it says something about SKYWARN Storm Spotting classes.  Those are going on that day?  Where is the NRC 4th floor?  Sorry, I'm not too familiar with Raleigh...at all.  I did e-mail the lady though.

It was pretty cool.  A lot of it was for kids, but it sure was cool to talk to all the meteorologists and weather nerds.  The storm spotting class was fun too.  Not much to take pictures of, I took some pictures of the actual museum though :P

I didn't make the trip.  They found more hidden damage to my car so I didn't get it back yesterday as planned.

:(  

A bunch of is are meeting at 12pm at skywarn booth  to say hi.

The skywarn booth will never be the same again  :P 

It was pretty cool.  A lot of it was for kids, but it sure was cool to talk to all the meteorologists and weather nerds.  The storm spotting class was fun too.  Not much to take pictures of, I took some pictures of the actual museum though :P

I'm glad you had a great time  :D  

Archived