• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 9-11 Snow/Rain Storm

turtlehurricane

My road is completely under water.  This is technically a flood plain, so street flooding around here is pretty common during rain storms.  This is really bad though, as all the drains are still iced over from where the snow plows left piles.  I had to go out front and rescue the large garbage canister the city provides, as it had floated into the street lol.  Water came up to my lower shins.  That was some cold ass water!!

Looks like the rain is pretty much done now.  Just drizzling out there.  Up to 1.44"/1.86" day/storm.  Grass is showing in many areas now, so probably around an inch of slush left.

Wow. Did you take any pics?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclone - nothing quite that extreme here, but there is a few spots in the rural areas where water has accumulated in low spots. 

This picture shows an example of pooling water in the farm fields.

Looks like the cold front is about to push through for you. Might need an icebreaker on your street come morning!

Storm is done here.  The rain was impressive... 2.15".  The models today were in agreement there would be no snow along and southeast of Cedar Rapids to Dubuque and they were right.  The NWS stubbornly stuck to their snow advisory for this area all day, but I don't know why.  Even the Des Moines NWS busted bad as this storm tracked farther nw and the warned area from central to northeast Iowa only got 1-3 inches.  It has been a tough week for DMX.  The last storm they were expecting squat and got a foot, then this storm they expected 4-8 inches and got squat.

DLL - You'll be close to the dry slot for sure. Might end up being a situation where it's snowing like mad on one end of the city, but just flurries on the other.

Few showers here now, but really just foggy. Cold front just about to pass through.

Wow. Did you take any pics?

Nope, but wish I had now I guess.  The road goes under water a few times a year when we get a lot of rain, so didn't think it was all too exciting.  This was the first time I had to walk out into it though, and didn't realize how deep the water actually is. 

1.89" the final storm total.  May get a few flurries tomorrow, but this storm is pretty much done here.

Archived