• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 9-11 Snow/Rain Storm

turtlehurricane

Can never have too much moisture! IIRC the spring preceding that wonderful cool "summer" of 09 was wet as hell.

I'd take all the rain we can get if it means another cool summer!

I agree with that statement, though it's hard to say we need the moisture here when we know the extreme need for our neighbors to the west in the Plains.  I'd give up some of our moisture to them, but it certainly isn't a bad thing for us either.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 and rain. I like it. Any rain that falls in the Great Lakes basin, even if it doesn't soak in the ground, it's serving to raise lake levels. I read that by May, there's a good possibily to erase last years deficit in Lake Michigan. Long term deficits are another story. Got lots of plans in the yard, time to get rid of the snow. This rain won't do it however and with high temps flirting with freezing next week, that won't either. Maybe by late month it will be gone.

Good chunk of the snow around here is gone or almost gone on any south-facing surface.  Still piles and such in the shadows, and shade. This rain is going to put a huge dent in the snow cover however.  Then, for most of next week, it looks like we are close to 40, and the 10 day shows a few days with sun, and 40's.  Spring is definitely on the way.  

Not too upset about missing the potential snow.  Congrats to those who cash in......

Makes you wonder, with this rain being overhyped on the models, if that affects the second wave tonight with the strong low and the snow on the backside for La Crosse, Green Bay, et al.

probably over half an inch of rain here with another half on the way.  Models will be right on the money here.  Building quite the surplus up heading into spring.

Archived