Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Monday event... need to watch a warm layer around 800mb that comes within a degree both above and below 0oC from State College to MDT on the NAM...

I hope I am wrong but I just dont see the high setting up to our north in time for a good CAD set up... we never have flow out of the northeast its out of the southeast at the surface which helped screw us March 6th and strong southwesterly flow aloft

For the Monday event... need to watch a warm layer around 800mb that comes within a degree both above and below 0oC from State College to MDT on the NAM...

I hope I am wrong but I just dont see the high setting up to our north in time for a good CAD set up... we never have flow out of the northeast its out of the southeast at the surface which helped screw us March 6th and strong southwesterly flow aloft

I got 6.8" March 6th. lol

I'm at the South residence halls and see no such thing.

I'm at the Penn Stater for an event and vis is about 1 mile. We're kind of nervous people will leave early so I Tweeted out that the snow will taper off by mid afternoon and give crews time to clear roads. Looking at 511 cam site, looks like some highways around here are snowcovered.

Haha Probably right. I am just enjoying the coating today and really taking Monday with a grain of salt. When you have to worry about temp issues, now we have to worry about how much precip....it usually doesn't end well.

Rain won't be an issue. At least for half the event.

Even the warm RGEM/CMC precip type run is good. Colder and more precip than last night.

I_nw_g1_EST_2013031612_055.png

lol then you need to come visit the harrisburg area since you have had the most luck with snow around here this winter with that on the 6th and getting to see the good snow in CT in Feb!

We are bumpin!

Date
Snowfall
Liquid Water Equivalent
Nov 27, 2012
1.1 in.
*0.29 in.
Dec 24, 2012
1.2 in.
0.16 in.
Dec 26-27, 2012
4.1 in.
*1.09 in.
Dec 29, 2012
4.4 in.
0.34 in.
Jan 15-16, 2013
0.5 in.
*0.56 in.
Jan 24, 2013
0.4 in.
0.03 in.
Jan 25, 2013
3.2 in.
0.14 in.
Feb 2-3, 2013
0.9 in.
0.03 in.
Feb 4, 2013
0.7 in.
0.07 in.
Feb 5, 2013
0.3 in.
*0.03 in.
Feb 13, 2013
2.2 in.
0.18 in.
Feb 19, 2013
1.3 in.
*0.19 in.
Mar 6, 2013
6.8 in.
*0.53 in.

Total 27.1"

http://webspace.ship.edu/weather/

http://www.wgal.com/news/susquehanna-valley/cumberland/Officials-2-dead-after-turnpike-crash/-/9704098/19343928/-/3gm8enz/-/index.html

Seton Hill Women's Lacrosse team in bus crash near Carlisle on turnpike this morning heading to Millersville... at first the report was just the bus driver died but now saying a second person has died... sad story

Have about an inch of snow on the ground down this way.. mainly from earlier this morning. Just had a nice burst of snow a little bit ago lay a fresh dusting but it has been pretty choppy. Main stuff ended up a hair further north towards I-80. Altoona cams didn't show much at all on the ground. State College cams look nice.

Have about an inch of snow on the ground down this way.. mainly from earlier this morning. Just had a nice burst of snow a little bit ago lay a fresh dusting but it has been pretty choppy. Main stuff ended up a hair further north towards I-80. Altoona cams didn't show much at all on the ground. State College cams look nice.

At break in my conference at the Penn Stater, eyeballing it I'd say we got close to 3. Here's the latest accumulations:

...CENTRE COUNTY...   BLANCHARD              3.0  1245 PM  3/16  SOCIAL MEDIA   PORT MATILDA           2.2  1100 AM  3/16  NWS EMPLOYEE   STORMSTOWN             2.0  1230 PM  3/16  CO-OP OBSERVER   PARK FOREST            2.0  1100 AM  3/16  NWS EMPLOYEE

The snow is varying in intensity, comes down very hard at times. Kudos to NWS CTP for calling for 1-3, I was skeptical.

At break in my conference at the Penn Stater, eyeballing it I'd say we got close to 3. Here's the latest accumulations:

...CENTRE COUNTY...   BLANCHARD              3.0  1245 PM  3/16  SOCIAL MEDIA   PORT MATILDA           2.2  1100 AM  3/16  NWS EMPLOYEE   STORMSTOWN             2.0  1230 PM  3/16  CO-OP OBSERVER   PARK FOREST            2.0  1100 AM  3/16  NWS EMPLOYEE

The snow is varying in intensity, comes down very hard at times. Kudos to NWS CTP for calling for 1-3, I was skeptical.

Very nice event today. This feels like 2007 again. Maybe another white Easter? Lol. Looks like over 2inches. Here on Waupelani.

Archived