Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 1 inch of snow depth at my apartment and at the WFO today.  And by "1 inch of snow depth" I mean that 48% of the ground is bare while snow depth on the other 52% ranges from 1-9 inches.

Will probably slip down to a "trace" tomorrow or Saturday.  Which simply means that more than 50% of the ground will be bare.

i feel like ray checking model runs and obs from out here in the west

dont worry you are not missing anything here, this area zeroing in on being screwed out of the brunt from a historic snowstorm for the third time(post sandy snow blitz, february storm that could not be punted) this winter and six out of seven going back to 2010. These epic qpf gradient storms have gotten old. Need to move east, or south but certainly not nw lol

Another nice weekend in the Poconos. We have had snow in the air since we arrived on Friday.  Mostly flurries with brief period of light snow.  Last night some snow showers passed through and added a coating to almost a half inch.  Light powder too which is nice on the groomed slopes.

Certainly we have not seen any big storms this year but overall a huge improvement over last season. 

Currently its 22F with flurries and passing snow showers.  When in the flurries is very cool to check out the heavier showers passing all around us, would make for some cool pics if I were a photographer type.

It is quite possible that the 2/26-3/7 period is going to hurt worse for snow lovers in the DC-PHL area than if we had just torched. Given the stale cold and positioning of features, it is going to be tough to get into the significant / major snows in our area. A decent event bordering on significant I suppose is still doable.

Just a reminder that you were warned snow lovers! mwhaha...

Burrrrrn. Now answer my question about the mid-latitude East Asian 10mb warming.

I'm in the office for the next few hours; I'll give it a look. I'm not ignoring you...okay maybe I'm a little preoccupied with melting snow flurries at 40°F.

<---Loser

Let's just bring on threats of strong thunderstorms & warm days.  Good riddance, winter 2012-13.

Endless winter coming in on the 12z euro, matter of fact it could be the most "winter" we have seen in three winters now that it is meteorological spring

btw the last large winter storm i have seen was frankenstorm in october 2011

somebody fix the seasons because their broken

Archived