joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cloudy skies/virga/flurries/lgt snow obs 1/25

tombo82685

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at our skycam network -- Gettysburg, Hanover, Carlisle are seeing the flakes. Even seeing some sticking occurring on the roads in Gettysburg. I'm thinking folks near the Mason-Dixon line see close to 3" from this

yea it looks like their is projected to be some enhancement from that vort that will pass under us

yea it looks like their is projected to be some enhancement from that vort that will pass under us

No doubt. Roads near Pittsburgh look pretty slick. We don't get accumulating snow around here when it's this cold too often, so this is something that might catch some people by surprise...especially the evening commuters.

I know lancaster is stuck between phl and state college, but you are more than welcome to post in here as much as you want. Would be great to have another meteorologist in here...anyways 22 here at work 19 back at home under overcast skies.

Very true. Although, my viewing area goes from Chester up into Berks and then west to Fulton County and up into State College! My physical body is in Lancaster, but my mind is all of these places, HA.

Anyways, seeing widespread 19 degree temps...snow falling mainly west of the Susq River. Some flurries reaching into Harrisburg now. I can see the snow reaching the ground in the hills west of the capitol city from our city-top skycam.

Very true. Although, my viewing area goes from Chester up into Berks and then west to Fulton County and up into State College! My physical body is in Lancaster, but my mind is all of these places, HA.

Anyways, seeing widespread 19 degree temps...snow falling mainly west of the Susq River. Some flurries reaching into Harrisburg now. I can see the snow reaching the ground in the hills west of the capitol city from our city-top skycam.

OT, but I was at a pizza place in Delaware County, PA (Glen Mills) about a month ago and was surprised to see that WGAL was on their cable TV.

Nice radar.  Looks pretty robust (maybe with the emphasis on "bust")....but it has NOT hit the mountains yet.

WNEP's forecast model at noon showed 1-3 west of the mountains, less than 1" east of the mountains. 

JUST BROKE 20F WOOOOOOOOO! Feels nice out!

Archived