12bet1 net
December 19-20 Talking Points - Part 3

earthlight

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gfs says merry Christmas,HOHOHO :snowman:

gfs_pcp_204l.gif

How many hundreds of miles will this one trend east ? Thats been the trend BUT if the models totally screwed up this weekends storm ( still a chance) and the final verification is a hit for I -95 this is something to consider

How many hundreds of miles will this one trend east ? Thats been the trend BUT if the models totally screwed up this weekends storm ( still a chance) and the final verification is a hit for I -95 this is something to consider

the thing with this is, its a west to east moving storm, the formation off the coast helps. We get snow regardless of the coastal.

honestly, im not sure if any of you feel the same. You give me a 8 inch plus snowstorm starting christmas eve ending christmas night im set for the rest of the winter. That would probably be the most memorable christmas's in my eyes.

exactly - who wants to be snowbound with a MECS on christmas day ? Oh wait about 90 % of us -lol

exactly - who wants to be snowbound with a MECS on christmas day ? Oh wait about 90 % of us -lol

Half my family is terrified of driving in rain or at night....a snow event would certainly sabotage our celebration...we got lucky in 2002 since none of the horrible driving crew had to travel as we had the holiday at one of their houses...if it was at my house as usual I think most of them would have been spending the night since the event occurred late enough that none of them would have canceled out before they got there.

Half my family is terrified of driving in rain or at night....a snow event would certainly sabotage our celebration...we got lucky in 2002 since none of the horrible driving crew had to travel as we had the holiday at one of their houses...if it was at my house as usual I think most of them would have been spending the night since the event occurred late enough that none of them would have canceled out before they got there.

Females or male?:huh:

the thing with this is, its a west to east moving storm, the formation off the coast helps. We get snow regardless of the coastal.

Ive said this before-- weve seen a sharp decline in strong bowling ball systems that move directly west to east across the country (say from cali to virginia) and exit off the delmarva...... I remember seeing quite a few of these in the 80s and 90s but not any in the 00s.

Ive said this before-- weve seen a sharp decline in strong bowling ball systems that move directly west to east across the country (say from cali to virginia) and exit off the delmarva...... I remember seeing quite a few of these in the 80s and 90s but not any in the 00s.

January 22nd, 2005 :)

That was technically a "clipper on steroids", but it dove down really early, and still basically traversed across most of the country.

I agree 100%.......I'd be content with that and nothing else the rest of the winter......especially given climo in a strong Nina is about as bad as you can expect.

honestly, im not sure if any of you feel the same. You give me a 8 inch plus snowstorm starting christmas eve ending christmas night im set for the rest of the winter. That would probably be the most memorable christmas's in my eyes.

thats right! I keep forgetting that one lol. It was fascinating to see that storm going right across the country, dropping snow in Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland and then hitting us with a nice offshore redevelopment.

Bowling Balls are more typical in El Nino patterns because of the amplified subtropical jet; that being set, we have not seen a classic bowling ball storm since January 2005, in retrospect, February 2003 was also a bowling ball storm; since it dropped snow all over the midwest.

In its own right, 12/30/00 was not that much different.

Yeah, back then these were being called "super clippers"

It's what makes me wonder if we could get one of those this season, since we have a clipper showing up on the modeling. However, like Chris said, theyre likely more energized in el ninos (although 00-01 was a mod la nina if I'm not mistaken?)

Bowling Balls are more typical in El Nino patterns because of the amplified subtropical jet; that being set, we have not seen a classic bowling ball storm since January 2005, in retrospect, February 2003 was also a bowling ball storm; since it dropped snow all over the midwest.

Was 2/5/01 a bowling ball system?

Bowling ball or super clipper-- whatever name they go by, are pretty exciting, because everyone gets in on the action! :thumbsup:

Archived