Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The Interior/NW Suburbs Winter Thread

Guest Patrick

Guest Patrick

anyone know a good electrician up here that can help me connect my generator? looks like the nam wants to paste over a foot in my by.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I bought a new Subaru in December. My boss was in "a mood" today and when I was talking about this storm he told me I don't get storm days off anymore unless the store is closed. The store has only closed one day for weather in the last 35 years, the day after Sandy, but was open the next four days with no power. The store is downtown in Soho and I need to be there to open on Thursday.

Glad I bought a new Subaru in December. My boss was in "a mood" today and when I was talking about this storm he told me I don't get storm days off anymore unless the store is closed. The store has only closed one day for weather in the last 35 years, the day after Sandy, but was open the next four days with no power. The store is downtown in Soho and I need to be there to open on Thursday.

Call in sick.

18z NAM.. Almost comical how much qpf it has for the region..

Honestly I don't know what to think anymore on this one. I've heard everything from us being on the edge to us getting pretty good snows if things pan out. Only thing to do is sit back and see what unfolds. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

As far as the placement of the trough it has supprt from the other models but the precip is overdone in comparison.  Either way, it looks like I'll push over 40" on the season finally as I'm sitting at 39 and change, and the remaining snow patch in my yard will be replenished once again :thumbsup:

Most models look to have similar placement with the trough but of course I'm pretty sure the NAM is overdone. Ill take half that precip and run! lol..

NYZ046-057-062-071915-
/O.NEW.KBGM.WW.Y.0007.130307T2100Z-130308T1600Z/
OTSEGO-DELAWARE-SULLIVAN-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ONEONTA...COOPERSTOWN...WALTON...
DELHI...MONTICELLO
205 PM EST WED MAR 6 2013

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THURSDAY TO 11 AM
EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT
FROM 4 PM THURSDAY TO 11 AM EST FRIDAY.

* LOCATIONS...DELAWARE, OTSEGO AND SULLIVAN COUNTIES IN NEW YORK.

* HAZARDS...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 7 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL SPREAD INTO THE REGION THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND
  CONTINUE THURSDAY NIGHT BEFORE TAPERING TO SNOW SHOWERS AND
  FLURRIES FRIDAY MORNING.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE UPPER 20S.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

Good evening folks,

I was not expecting much today/tonight overall. Good solid bust as most models indicated we get atleast 2 inches. I did not see any precip today. Tomorrow night into Friday seems we should get 4 inches or more when taking a look at most models.

Current temp 32F

Cheers,

darkstar

Archived