Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The Interior/NW Suburbs Winter Thread

Guest Patrick

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much everything is falling out of the sky at the moment lol..

On my drive home from the BX I didn't see any sign of wintry precip till I hit Harriman. Strictly elevation dependent as well. Below 500' or so looks to be a plain rain event. Once I reached Rt 6 in Middletown the roads quickly became slushy and slippery. 

1" snow/sleet here

31f w/ip & zr 

Yeah I'm cautiously optimistic about seeing one more good storm before winter ends.

It's been pretty decent for us here in the interior so I can't complain.

But we've also missed out on some chances so it would be nice to close out with a decent event.

March can definitely be volatile that's for sure.

Steady snow, occasionally moderate. Everything coated. 29.3

decent snow falling at the moment.

I  decided to take some runs at Mountain Creek as it did not look to busy this afternoon when I went by.

Snow started falling decent on my last few trips down the hill. 

Current temp 26 F. decent coating of snow. Radar looks fairly good, may need to call in a snow total later to My Holly NWS.

Cheers,

Darkstar

I  decided to take some runs at Mountain Creek as it did not look to busy this afternoon when I went by.

Current temp 26 F. decent coating of snow. Radar looks fairly good, may need to call in a snow total later to My Holly NWS.

Cheers,

Darkstar

Current temp 26 F. decent coating of snow. Radar looks fairly good, may need to call in a snow total later to My Holly NWS.Thought I was in the Twilight Zone cause I heard no other snow reports? Glad u backed up my obs.! Lol!

Mod snow still falling, looks about 1/2" so far. 26.6°

Cheers,

Darkstar

I find it funny how this is starting to look like a NW event lol.. 48 hrs ago it was 200 miles south of us now the coast has to worry about bl temps.. 

DC should start getting worried...the northwest trend is starting to rip more warm air in the mid-levels towards the coast.

Westchester sitting pretty right now as long as the 12z ECM isn't too far south...I think it has to trend north given the other guidance, but you can almost ride the Euro on its own against NAM/GFS/GGEM/UKMET. That being said, it usually follows the UKMET, and the 12z UKMET was north. 

I find it funny how this is starting to look like a NW event lol.. 48 hrs ago it was 200 miles south of us now the coast has to worry about bl temps..

Yeah it's gotten interesting. It seems like all winter the models fluctuate quite a bit. It's almost like you can't bother getting too interested until a storm gets within a 2-3 day range.

What's the latest on possible amounts up our way if the north trend continues?

DC should start getting worried...the northwest trend is starting to rip more warm air in the mid-levels towards the coast.

Westchester sitting pretty right now as long as the 12z ECM isn't too far south...I think it has to trend north given the other guidance, but you can almost ride the Euro on its own against NAM/GFS/GGEM/UKMET. That being said, it usually follows the UKMET, and the 12z UKMET was north. 

Its amazing how much weight the Euro holds. But your right... one has to be skeptical until the EC at least shows some sort of a cave in toward the GFS.

Yeah it's gotten interesting. It seems like all winter the models fluctuate quite a bit. It's almost like you can't bother getting too interested until a storm gets within a 2-3 day range.

What's the latest on possible amounts up our way if the north trend continues?

GFS

MGJ -- http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KMGJ 5-6" verbatim

SWF -- http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KSWF 7-8" verbatim

FWN -- http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KFWN 5-6" verbatim

Thanks snywx- as has been the case all winter - guess seeing will be believing. Time will tell. Was getting excited about softball season seeing the grass now. But more snow is nice, even in march!

Archived