Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Vendor Forecast Discussion

am19psu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB paraphrasing from today

we are in the midst of the second coldest opening week to March in the past 50 yrs and the end game is continuing longer

So how did this week pan out?

Well at PHL, it was only the coldest since... wait for it... 2009!  :lmao:

March 1-7 2009 averaged 34.2.

March 1-7 2013 averaged 38.3.

:lol:

The actual rank among the last 50 years?  23rd coldest!

Wow!

You should send JB that info. :lol:

One thing that's definitely colder than this winter is JB's forecasting.

Latest JB musings and paraphrased from this AM

JB sees clipper madness bringing 2-4 inch but 8 inch amounts  from the midwest to the coast centered 75 mi either side of Atlantic city. He emphasizes that IT WILL make it east of the mountains and make for a snowy Saturday, at least part of it, is on the way for a target area that has Atlantic City as the mid point of the exiting to the ocean of the snow axis. Boston will miss but he does not see NYC or PHL missing out

He then sees a wave running out off the mid Atlantic coast Monday night with a swath of rain and snow, snow north of I 70 plains to the east coast, though more like north of the I 76/195 axis once to Pa. This is likely to put down 2-4, locally 8 again but in a west/east axis starting further south and shifting north. He does not believe any big storms go to the lakes in this pattern. I

The complaints about JB are well known (and in my opinion, well founded). However, I will give him credit for making a bold and detailed forecast that will be very easy to judge come next Tuesday morning.

you don't have to wait till next tuesday morning. Just read this thread for the whole winter and see how bad he has been.

JB sees clipper madness bringing 2-4 inch but 8 inch amounts  from the midwest to the coast centered 75 mi either side of Atlantic city. He emphasizes that IT WILL make it east of the mountains and make for a snowy Saturday, at least part of it, is on the way for a target area that has Atlantic City as the mid point of the exiting to the ocean of the snow axis. Boston will miss but he does not see NYC or PHL missing out

He then sees a wave running out off the mid Atlantic coast Monday night with a swath of rain and snow, snow north of I 70 plains to the east coast, though more like north of the I 76/195 axis once to Pa. This is likely to put down 2-4, locally 8 again but in a west/east axis starting further south and shifting north. He does not believe any big storms go to the lakes in this pattern. I

Is he really forecasting that or is he just 'seeing' it?

@BigJoeBastardi: Euros weeklies are the coldest run of the cold season. brutal through day 20, lets up 25-30...spring on hold again for another 5 days

@BigJoeBastardi: Dreaming of a White Easter? ECMWF says coldest Easter since at least 07 for US.

Peter Cottontail wiped out the groundhog

To clarify by brutal JB said this morning he means coldest relative to average for the plains east with the coldest yet to come - he says this is the polar opposite of last March. He also mentioned his weekend snow idea is getting shoved SOUTH of New England

That does not sound like brutal cold.

40's for highs is not brutal cold here.

Minnesota may have some subzero nights late this week...for late March, that's pretty cold for them but not entirely unusual given their record lows can get into the teens below zero almost to month's end.

Hmmm....JBs call from a couple days ago not looking real good...at least for today....many spots will see snow but I doubt anyone even sees an inch let alone the lowest end of his call. This really has been a brutal year for JB especially his snow forecasts. I would be at 60 plus inches of snow if half his forecasts verified! Ugly.......

I am not in town this weekend (I am in Dallas, TX where it is 75 and sunny as I type this... yuck!), but, based on the observation thread, JB is looking like he might be pretty close on today's storm.  It seems like everything is on the low side of the 2" to 4" range he predicted and ACY seems like the southern boundary rather than the center of the "bullseye" line, but it sure seems like there a widespread 1" to 2" has accumulated so far centered on Freehold, NJ (or thereabouts)... not a perfect forecast by any means, but not awful either.     

I'd like it if he shoved that 4-8 line all the way up to NY state...lol

Anyway, for more serious discussion, do you really think areas north of the Blue could verify in that 4-8 range?

Probably more like 4 but really that would be more up towards 80.

Stop busting on me Tom, DT essentially agrees with me, what more do you want? ;)

I still read DT's posts and follow his forecasts somewhat but in the interest of fairness (and cause I thought it was a little funny) I thought you all would be interested to know that there is a FB page called "wxrisk banned" for those no longer allowed to debate him publicly.....LOL

I think it just started a few days ago.

Archived