• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Stumbling into a wintry pattern, weenies confused; still shaken from last winter

earthlight

This is a possible analog storm for the 1/25- 1/26 event - but with snow totals reaching 50 - 75 % on average of the totals for that storm as of right now ............

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2005/22-Jan-05-SurfaceMaps.html

With an NAO which is just about neutral won't even reach 50 - 75% as of this mornings NAO reading and model guidance - storm can't wrap up along the coast - pattern to progressive lucky if we can get a couple of inches and that because of the high snow ratio's.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With an NAO which is just about neutral won't even reach 50 - 75% as of this mornings NAO reading and model guidance - storm can't wrap up along the coast - pattern to progressive lucky if we can get a couple of inches and that because of the high snow ratio's.

We have seen storms with a positive NAO. Not common though.

It is all just a matter of how much those two systems phase.  1-3 is on the table, so is 6-12.  We shall see.  British and JMA have our 6-12, all the others have like 1-3.

Britain and Japan, vs. the U.S., Canada and continental Europe. Not sure I like that matchup for the former. Any word on what side the Aussies and Brazilians are taking up arms? How about the Koreans?

We have seen storms with a positive NAO. Not common though.

well you are not going to see a SECS this time around - now the question is - Is HPC going to back off on their 0.50 qpf for the region Friday in their afternoon update or stay the course.?..........

I hear the Somalian model has 36-48".

That's quite a letdown from the Argentinian 12z which showed an 898mb and 50"/hr. After 102hr so much falls that the Northeast collapses into the sea and you just see land west of I-81. I tried posting the map but my work computer blocked it under the "Inappropriate/Adult-Rated Content" blocker.

That's quite a letdown from the Argentinian 12z which showed an 898mb and 50"/hr. After 102hr so much falls that the Northeast collapses into the sea and you just see land west of I-81. I tried posting the map but my work computer blocked it under the "Inappropriate/Adult-Rated Content" blocker.

:lmao:

It drank too much Malbec again, damn Argentines.

well you are not going to see a SECS this time around - now the question is - Is HPC going to back off on their 0.50 qpf for the region Friday in their afternoon update or stay the course.?..........

Says who? Who is to say that the 0z runs will not bring it back?

The storm thread is a disaster.  I am clueless, but I know enough not to post in the storm thread.  It's unreadable with so many just chiming in on the gut feelings and nothing more.

I agree just click the report button on the bottom of the page - moderators have been doing a good job of moving the one word and 2 word posts and other nonsense into this thread - they also have been deleting the personal attacks some people around here like to continue disagreements from days or weeks ago  with their mean spirited comments that include name calling.........it helps to report all of this...

Archived