joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JB, DT and Other Banter Thread

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB is becoming delusional. I think he is so obsessed with disproving AGW that he forecasts cold all the time, ignoring how mild it really is.

JB is an idiot, we all know that. But at the same time Ive heard some people so obsessed with linking everything TO AGW such as this mild start to winter here (when other areas of the world are freezing), that its a two-way street of simply not letting the weather be the weather, but trying to hammer in your soap box.

post-276-0-89952800-1355805964_thumb.jpg

JB is an idiot, we all know that. But at the same time Ive heard some people so obsessed with linking everything TO AGW such as this mild start to winter here (when other areas of the world are freezing), that its a two-way street of simply not letting the weather be the weather, but trying to hammer in

your soap box.

1. I read through a couple pages of Brett Anderson's Canadian Weather Blog and didn't find anything of Global Warming.

2. Brett Anderson has a climate change blog. Again I couldn't find anything about him hammering home anything. Rather articles using and linking to study's or data done by other scientists.

There appears to be a huge lack of anything tying Brett Anderson as the opposite of JB. If I have missed Anderson being the opposite of JB please link me to it.

1. I read through a couple pages of Brett Anderson's Canadian Weather Blog and didn't find anything of Global Warming.

2. Brett Anderson has a climate change blog. Again I couldn't find anything about him hammering home anything. Rather articles using and linking to study's or data done by other scientists.

There appears to be a huge lack of anything tying Brett Anderson as the opposite of JB. If I have missed Anderson being the opposite of JB please link me to it.

Like a moth to a flame.

DT offers his thoughts on the models for the Dec. 26-27 storm:

DT

"*** COMMENT ON 0Z ECMWF*** about dec 26-27... this run of the euro takes the LOW rigjt the spine of the appalachian moutains... From western NC into central PA? taking THIS run of THIS model... That would be ICE over much of inlsnd VA MD PA NJ NYC that goes over to rain... And lots of it. And snow to rain for all of central and eastern PA NY and new england.

BUT... the PREVIOUS run of the euro had the low over CHICAGO!! ... Thus one could argue that this is BIG shift in the european model... And its ensembles are also likely to show atrack more to the east.

SUMMARY... If you want to forecast heavy rain forvthe east coast for dec 26-27... Feel free but the track IS shifting east"

DT offers his thoughts on the models for the Dec. 26-27 storm:

interesting, so the model runs prior to this sudden east shift, had gone back west and yet DT believes the big shift east is only the beginning of a trend.

A day ago every met was discounting any possiblility that the pattern could support a coastal low.....now suddenly it's possible? So what's changed? The pattern in 24 hours ???? lol.

interesting, so the model runs prior to this sudden east shift, had gone back west and yet DT believes the big shift east is only the beginning of a trend.

A day ago every met was discounting any possiblility that the pattern could support a coastal low.....now suddenly it's possible? So what's changed? The pattern in 24 hours ???? lol.

If I follow DT last few posts correctly (which is almost impossible)... I don't think he's calling for a coastal. Rather an inland runner... mix bag turning to rain on the coast.

Haven't checked out JB latetly but I'm sure he'll be calling this the app's monster of the century. .

• 2 weeks later...

Even JBs own son challenges him openly on Fbook. His son Garret knows his ****.

ROFL

GB knows his ****??? That is classic! He's no different than his father. 1sthandweather is nothing but the bartender for the JB blue-raspberry kool-aid.

EDIT: The sad part is how quite a few blogs/fb/twitter accounts in SE MI/N OH worship JB/GB.

ROFL

GB knows his ****??? That is classic! He's no different than his father. 1sthandweather is nothing but the bartender for the JB blue-raspberry kool-aid.

EDIT: The sad part is how quite a few blogs/fb/twitter accounts in SE MI/N OH worship JB/GB.

This. Times a billion. Neoweather and etc are a joke.

It's a nice presented site ran by a bunch of kids who have an extreme bias for cold and snow.

Yeah, and they wonder why their long range forecasts bust far to cold.

This is typical all over weather, even in the professional ranks.

They get help from a good met for the toledo region and mark johnson from CLE is basically a shareholder in spirit. Most def a cold bias. With age that should wane.

They get help from a good met for the toledo region and mark johnson from CLE is basically a shareholder in spirit. Most def a cold bias. With age that should wane.

I doubt it. I'll never forget the day they used wunderground's estimated hail size of 4" as gospel. In Northern OH no less! Their excuse was "If a tree falls in the empty forest does it happen?" when I told them if it wasn't verified it doesn't happen. Along with bringing up to them that estimated hail size is easily 25% larger at the least than what's observed.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Stebo" data-cid="1976516" data-time="1357085966"><p>

Aren't most of them kids with limited meteorological knowledge? I'd like to think going to college would correct some of their lacking of knowledge and their bias.</p></blockquote>

Yes. The domain owner and "cheif forecaster" is 16 or 17 yrs old. Brian Ivey is the oldest and I thought I read once that he is in Met school.

Heh, JD will hate me for this but I'll respond here.

I started forecasting for the Neoweather Cleveland "office" at the beginning of December because the domain name owner Jeremy (who is yes, young) went to forecast for another "office" in an effort to expand the site to cover all of Ohio.

I don't necessarily disagree with everything said here, I'm not an egotistical moron. I am going to school for met and as far as I know Brian is as well. As far as I know the other Cleveland forecasters aren't. And Mark is older than Brian by a few years, believe it or not.

I don't know much about the "Toledo forecasters" other than that Kip is a met which I think is great. I know at least one of those forecasters also posts here from time to time but I won't name him just in case he doesn't want to be named here.

When I first started chatting with the Cleveland forecasters about a year and a half ago I would certainly agree that their forecast skills were not really well refined, although they have certainly improved since that time, and believe it or not we have a warm biased forecaster on the Cleveland crew. I hope that things continue to improve, with the biggest area needing improvement being long range forecasting, as our day to day forecasts are generally fairly good. With the Cleveland crew knowing Mark Johnson well, all of us interacting with Tom Kippen behind the scenes and two of us going to college for met hopefully that goal is attainable. The Cleveland page has a good following (and a lot of time has been put into that by Jeremy and the other three long(er) standing forecasters) with almost 2k likes on the Facebook page and heavy traffic during big events...our Facebook page saw almost 15k views last week due to the Boxing Day snowstorm.

Anyways just wanted to clear things up or at least explain things from another point of view with regards to websites like Neoweather.

Archived