Philadelphia: T

Wilmington, DE: T

Washington Dulles: T

Washington National: T

Baltimore BWI: 0.0

Richmond: 0.0

Salisbury, MD: 0.0

Norfolk, VA: 0.0

Whats your total in PJ William? We're only at 0.5 here in Wading River, frustratingly poor since we're less than 25 miles or so from Bridgeport.

Whats your total in PJ William? We're only at 0.5 here in Wading River, frustratingly poor since we're less than 25 miles or so from Bridgeport.

I measured 3.5" with the Nov 7-8 storm...but the measurment is likely off because I went to sleep durng the wee hours of the 8th when precip had tapered to drizzle...by the time I woke up around sunrise, snow was coming down good again and when I left for work snow was still falling.

Per Upton's tweets, the gentleman who once was chief meteorologist at Brookhaven Lab (not affiliated with the NWS) was the person who reported the 5.0" total from Port Jeff that showed up on the PNS...his number is likely more accurate.

With the one last week, I was at work on the South Shore all day...but read on the computer that Port Jeff went over to snow for a short time during the morning with no accumulation.

2012-2013 Seasonal Snowfall As Of December 1, 2012

Bridgeport: 8.4"

Worcester: 7.8"

Newark: 6.6"

NYC Central Park: 4.7"

Binghamton: 4.6"

NYC JFK: 4.3"

Islip: 4.2"

Burlington, VT: 3.8"

Hartford: 2.9"

Portland, ME: 2.9"

Atlantic City: 2.0"

Scranton: 2.0"

Providence: 1.7"

Caribou: 1.6"

Allentown: 1.4"

NYC LGA: 1.1"

Concord: 1.0"

Boston: 0.4"

Albany: 0.1"

Philadelphia: T

Wilmington, DE: T

Washington Dulles: T

Washington National: T

Baltimore BWI: 0.0

Richmond: 0.0

Salisbury, MD: 0.0

Norfolk, VA: 0.0

And Isotherm's backyard tops the list with a foot flat! Ah, feels good to be at the top. Let's see if you all can catch me as the season progresses.

And Isotherm's backyard tops the list with a foot flat! Ah, feels good to be at the top. Let's see if you all can catch me as the season progresses.

Every one is worried about Caribou and Burlington in this horse race....but I'd keep an eye on Salisbury....she's dangerous. :rolleyes:

Seriously, have no fear, you'll be caught (like all the NYC area stations), and left in the dust by the big guys...

Every one is worried about Caribou and Burlington in this horse race....but I'd keep an eye on Salisbury....she's dangerous. :rolleyes:

Yeah that Salisbury is a dark horse.

No doubt the big boys will surpass me, but it's going to be tough for the NYC metro folks to do it, unless it's a 2008-09 type gradient winter which screws CNJ.

No doubt the big boys will surpass me, but it's going to be tough for the NYC metro folks to do it, unless it's a 2008-09 type gradient winter which screws CNJ.

Depends on where in C NJ you were for those gradient systems. I did decently in that winter with around 30-35" of snow.

Per kind permission of NorthShoreWx...

post-747-0-07436500-1354407189_thumb.gif

t

take away the (likely wrong) coastal storm and the pattern looks favorable for above normal temperatures

I am going to take the other side of this. I am feeling fairly confident that the coastal storm will likely occur much as the European model is showing around December 10/11. It fits the pattern of this season very well so far. I also love that at the same time that the Euro shows the coastal, the GFS takes a storm into the Great Lakes. This makes me quiet confident that we will be dealing with a snowstorm around December 10/11, as the GFS tried this BS with the last storm as well. The GFS does not learn from it's mistakes.

I measured 45" that winter at 350' elevation in Dobbs Ferry, NY, which is about 6-7 miles to your northwest. My mom used to teach in Mount Vernon at the high school for many years, actually.

The NWS cooperative station at Dobbs Ferry (elevation 200 feet) measured 32.9" that winter; though there was apparently some missing data from January and March.

Archived