• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Initial Beta version of our Model Center is online

WeatherNC

Still much work left to do but wanted to get something up before winter begins revving up. Ensembles page is not ready yet.

This will soon all be SQL driven and will then be able to easily sync up the parameters with their available hours, generate a one week archive for most models, create an intra-model trend loop with the archived data, and much more.

Most of my contribution is the CSS styling. I want to give credit to Kevin Druff for most of the existing programming and to Jorge (wxmx) who is currently helping me build the SQL database and unfitting the coding.

John, I have seen the direction going forward and you are spearheading it from a back-end perspective, thank you! This is great, awesome UI from non flash enabled devices, keep it going, with the feed inbound, we have the pipe, just need to insure that me maintain and expand on the complexity of maps. Chris

John, I have seen the direction going forward and you are spearheading it from a back-end perspective, thank you! This is great, awesome UI from non flash enabled devices, keep it going, with the feed inbound, we have the pipe, just need to insure that me maintain and expand on the complexity of maps. Chris

I don't see cold and snow for here.

FIX IT!

AJAX, guys. It would be nice not to have the entire page reload just to load a new image in the middle of the page.

But I am not one to complain since I was originally tasked with doing this project and failed to do anything because I'm a failure mcfailureson.

Still. AJAX!

Thought about that. Once Jorge finishes up i might go ahead and do this. I also need to implement a cachebuster when new runs are uploaded.

Was wondering why Allan finally tagged his images....nicely done!

AJAX, guys. It would be nice not to have the entire page reload just to load a new image in the middle of the page.

But I am not one to complain since I was originally tasked with doing this project and failed to do anything because I'm a failure mcfailureson.

Still. AJAX!

That's the first thing I noticed too...every time you click an hour it refreshes the entire page, would be nice if the image just changed...makes it a ton easier to compare frames, but I guess that's what the LOOP mouseover is for. ;)

In theory, during storm mode will this go offline? I can tell it's a bit laggy on my end, and it may have dire consequences for the server come a massive reload spree as runs come out?

It should work fine. It doesn't seem too laggy to me right now. We will be implementing and SQL database which will greatly improve its efficiency. And per Joel's suggestion of utilizing AJAX, this will greatly reduce full page refreshing while switching between maps.

It should work fine. It doesn't seem too laggy to me right now. We will be implementing and SQL database which will greatly improve its efficiency. And per Joel's suggestion of utilizing AJAX, this will greatly reduce full page refreshing while switching between maps.

Oh yes, those will help greatly. Although I haven't worked with it much, Ajax is a very attractive option.

Archived