• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 2012 Observations and Discussions

Snow_Miser

Did I say that? Or did you just put words in my mouth? Not seen within a century is not the same as seeing a storm like Sandy every year. So maybe it is me thats got you. ;)

You referenced a storm from last year that shattered all time snow records and early season snow records as a reason that we can get snow this time a year. Not very realistic. Sure it can happen but do you really expect it to? Your move.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB is not saying snow will accumulate in any of the big cities ," he said a change at the end is possible" JB not calling for ANY ACCUMAULATION IN NYC , he does think it accumulates in NW NJ back thru the lower hudson valley nothward . I wouldnt focus on that aspect . I think the potential for 2 inches of rain and 40 degrees is a disaster for those with no power and holes in there roofs , let alone those with NO HOMES

I doubt too that Staten Island would see much if any, but Northern New Jersey might, and that would be terrible considering that the trees are still leaning on power lines everywhere.

I doubt it will snow here...maybe a flake or two mixed in...If this is the winter storm track we will get our share of snow...We don't need it now...What we need is some torching...That isn't going to happen so the suffering will get worse......

12Z GFS Snow Map at 114 has a few inches mostly away from the water - this is not impossible to see flakes and some accumulation

http://raleighwx.ame...zgfssnow114.gif

Those are probably grossly overdone.. FWIW, it's much more than the 00z and the 06z GFS snowfall maps. I think that the NW Burbs definitely could see some flakes out of this at least in the beginning. Models haven't finished trending yet it seems, as the trend colder continued on the 12z GFS.

Archived