L. OPEN NE-SW

M. C24

N. 12345 / 7

O. 0.02 / 1 nm

P. AF302 2318A SANDY OB 09

MAX FL WIND 86 KT SW QUAD 07:52:30Z

MAX FL TEMP 15 C 219 / 10 NM FROM FL CNTR

;

I don't really think a 30 or 40 mile shift south is gonna mean much in the overall scheme of things.

I agree. Surge forecasts are already running a foot too low in the sound, and that will only be exacerbated over the next two tide cycles. It's still a prime angle of approach for unprecedented flooding in and around NYC despite the slight shift south in the official track.

I hope he's kidding.

#1 there is no more southern track..it's going into Central Jersey

#2 his area is going to flood like never before

I still agree here. Not buying that southern NJ landfall. Really have to watch closely for where she makes landfall exactly b/c for the CT coast at least a more north landfall could mean the difference between 40-50 mph sustained winds with gusts to 80 mph and 50-60...even 65 mph sustained winds and gusts as high as 90 mph.

Did a quick 5 miler..couple obs

1)Trees 98% bare. Just random straggler Oaks and those hideous yellow Norweigen maples

2)There was sporadic light/moderate upslope sheet drizzle while the moon was visible at times

3)It was noticeably windier 800 feet and above and esp from 900 feet and above up to my house. I ran down to 650 feet.

4) We've totally changed the global and hemispheric pattern..The warm pattern is done and we can partially thank Sandy for it. We're heading into a long,extended period of below to well below normal temps

5)Good luck today to everyone

There are a quite a few people I've talked to who aren't buying that southern solution either.

This is just such a weird situation so really nothing can be discounted here...you would have to think it'd be really difficult to see the system just get tugged completely west like that but who knows really.

Just have to watch when it starts to make that more westerly move and go from there.

Holy moly, 942! I guess it has made it to the gulf stream.

I really wonder if somewhere in the 930's at the lowest is possible...once the phasing takes place and the system bombs out even more the pressure should drop even more and probably just as rapidly.

One thing that's always been in the back of my mind is if this could end up being even worse than what we think...who knows really...we've never seen anything like this before.

Wow, I mentioned a few days ago that the models were definitely not overdoing their deepening and that 940mb was certainly possible...I didn't think I was being conservative when I said that! That's what can happen when you have 4 jet streaks favorable for UVM, along with entering the Gulf Stream. Ridiculous.

Wow, I mentioned a few days ago that the models were definitely not overdoing their deepening and that 940mb was certainly possible...I didn't think I was being conservative when I said that! That's what can happen when you have 4 jet streaks favorable for UVM, along with entering the Gulf Stream. Ridiculous.

Who really knows what's going to happen form here...the longer the core stays over the Gulf Stream the more this will continue to intensify and remain fully tropical.

Archived