northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Potential major phasing event this weekend

forkyfork

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man there is a strong north atlantic block on the GFS. I have a hard time believing sandy will escape east as she does. Plus with that block in place as it is, you would think sandy would be forced due north or even slightly west of north. Would argue for more interaction with CONUS trough if true

The issue is that the trof over the Central US which slides into the OV is not strong or energetic enough (like it is on the Euro) to keep diving southeast and phase with the TC. Instead it weakens and flattens out and, for a while, almost nudges the TC into a weakness to the east. Eventually as she gains latitude the energy slide east and phases, and the TC is forced to retrograde underneath the big anomaly over Newfoundland.

I'm a little surprised at how far east the GGEM was...that was similar to the old GFS solutions with absolutely no interaction at all.

Thing is, have the models been overdoing the phase from the beginning, and that even with a more favorable trough setup, it won't do it? That said some of these runs have looked a bit strange, whether they are pulling nearly boomerang curves back towards the coast or continuing east when circumstances are questionable for it to do so, which is highlighting the unstable nature of this pattern.

Not making the progress i'd liked to see on the 0z's tonight. Probably atleast 3 more days with this model madness

I'd say that several million people on the East Coast don't want to see progress with this potential storm going forward, and every model that brings in more questions on if it will happen or not is the kind of progress that we want to see. As exciting as it is for everyone on here to wish for some of the models to verify, I can't wish that upon people the way it was modeled.

I'd say that several million people on the East Coast don't want to see progress with this potential storm going forward, and every model that brings in more questions on if it will happen or not is the kind of progress that we want to see. As exciting as it is for everyone on here to wish for some of the models to verify, I can't wish that upon people the way it was modeled.

I don't think anyone is "wishing" this on anybody, they just want to see something after a year of futility.

FWIW, the GGEM's nor'easter is definitely something...

I'm a little surprised at how far east the GGEM was...that was similar to the old GFS solutions with absolutely no interaction at all.

I'm not. The inconsistency of the GGEM model has not gone unnoticed. It rarely holds onto a storm track over a given period. However, it did look like the GFS in that it developed a secondary off of the primary "hybrid quasi-subtropical storm" or whatever you want to call it. The norlun trough there did make sense...not everything before it though. Lol.

I'm not. The inconsistency of the GGEM model has not gone unnoticed. It rarely holds onto a storm track over a given period. However, it did look like the GFS in that it developed a secondary off of the primary "hybrid quasi-subtropical storm" or whatever you want to call it. The norlun trough there did make sense...not everything before it though. Lol.

Well i'm not surprised it's fluctuating...I guess I just didn't expect it to flatten out completely like that. The hybrid-psuedo-quasi subtropical inverted trough on the GFS turns into a ULL on the GGEM..and my head is spinning.

Well i'm not surprised it's fluctuating...I guess I just didn't expect it to flatten out completely like that. The hybrid-psuedo-quasi subtropical inverted trough on the GFS turns into a ULL on the GGEM..and my head is spinning.

Yours? I should lay off the wine. Lol

Anyway, EURO coming in now. At 24 hours I believe.

Archived