Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Entering the third hour of thunderstorms down here in wildwood crest. Constant lightning loud thunder and quite a few sizzles and booms. Pretty enjoyable night after a lousy cloudy beach day.

You guys have been getting hammered down there all night, now it looks like the train is starting to shift just west over the rest of SJ.

Nobody is sleeping in Cape May tonight, lol. I'm an hour north of there, and I can hear a constant low rumble, even this far north.

The line was shifting but it redeveloped right over us. This was one of the worst lighting storms i've been through. There were at least 4 strikes within a 1/2 mile of my house including the house next to our was struck FD is still on scene. It apparently melted the gas lines to the house. It was at atlantic and sweet briar ave in wc. Not to mentioned i talked to another neighbor And it was the worst flooding he has seen the 15 years he has been living here. My heart is still racing kind of hope thats it for the night.

Very violent lightning. Took pictures of the flooding which i will share as soon as i can. And i'll have more details when my head stops spinning. Also there is street flooding in sea isle.

The line was shifting but it redeveloped right over us. This was one of the worst lighting storms i've been through. There were at least 4 strikes within a 1/2 mile of my house including the house next to our was struck FD is still on scene. It apparently melted the gas lines to the house. It was at atlantic and sweet briar ave in wc. Not to mentioned i talked to another neighbor And it was the worst flooding he has seen the 15 years he has been living here. My heart is still racing kind of hope thats it for the night.

Very violent lightning. Took pictures of the flooding which i will share as soon as i can. And i'll have more details when my head stops spinning. Also there is street flooding in sea isle.

Heard from some people I know in Cape May that the island is/was completely shut down, due to severe flooding. Now I'm just east of Woodstown in Salem County, and I can see constant lightning to my south, coming out of the top of the storm in S DE. Hopefully this won't come north at you also.

In in that storm right now......constant lightning and thunder with torrential rain.....this is our 15th hour of such conditions....yes I said 15th hour.....this **** started at 330 this afternoon.......part of Rehoboth Beach are flooded, I'm sure there's power outages, home rain gauge is reporting 2.50 inches of rain so far. Never in my whole life have I seen a storm like this.....it's like a mini Tropical Storm...Im amazed the atmosphere has enough energy in it to sustain thunderstorms for this long...

Here at Cape May 2NW 3.80" yesterday(Sat.) and .57" today as of 8am. That's a total of 4.37". Rainfall rates at times 2-3"/hour. Previous post about no one sleeping in Cape May is right on. From 8pm-mid. Lightning very vivid often and subsequent thunder window shaking and then some as well. No wind to speak of. My highest gust was about 25mph. Haven't had this kind of thunder activity in years.

Just a follow up. Lightning also struck the ground on the other side of my house....we were very luck last night 2 lightning strikes within 50 feet of my house. THe first house I told you about, the lightning struck the outside gas line then started a fire in the wall which filled the houses with smoke rather quickly. Thankfully the fire didn't spread and every one got out safely.

Archived