• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

I figured you would know, but put that disclaimer in there fro general reading purposes. Many may think of Lee last year, where he spent forever over the TN valley and still gave the area copious rains. The setup is different this time, and your amounts seem reasonable to me.

Yeah, that's the key. Once Isaac's remnant LP gets here, it will be a quick mover...Lee had that stall action with a cold front.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speak for yourself we are very much below here in extreme SE PA we sorta got jipped as far as rainfall over the last week, we got squeeze played from stuff east in new jersey and stuff west.

Very much below? A weatherbug station near you has 15.56 for the year, and 2.65 for the month. Let's compare to Philly and east into Jersey. George Washington HS, in Philly has 17.64 for the year, and 0.60 for the month. Near me in Williamstown has 15.74 for the year, and 3.25 for the month. I don't know what you're seeing, but you're not "very much below". If anything you're on average with the rest the area.

Very much below? A weatherbug station near you has 15.56 for the year, and 2.65 for the month. Let's compare to Philly and east into Jersey. George Washington HS, in Philly has 17.64 for the year, and 0.60 for the month. Near me in Williamstown has 15.74 for the year, and 3.25 for the month. I don't know what you're seeing, but you're not "very much below". If anything you're on average with the rest the area.

My parents are 4.53" for the month and 26.99" for the year.

PHL proper is 5.37" for the month, though only 20.91" for the year...

53.5f at 6:00am :)

Beat ya...53.2 for the low. :P

The garage where we keep our trucks in in rural Andreas PA, about 10 miles south of Tamaqua along Rte 895, and last night at 11:00PM it was already down to 56 degrees there when I parked the truck for the night. I wonder if they dipped into the 40's.

I don't know if it's right, but a Weatherbug station at a Middle School in Macungie/Grotharland shows 48.36 inches for the year, lol.

That particular Macungie station is usually pretty far off on temps and precip. I use the one Ray recommended to Grothar. That one has 3.08" for the month and 22.42" for the year.

Need recommendations. I will be spending some time in northeast PA In early October. I'm looking for some scenic places to check that are not any of the following since I've already seen them:

-Bushkill Falls

-Hickory Run SP

-Jim Thorpe area

I'm looking for other places within an hour or so of the Pocono Raceway.

Thanks!

Need recommendations. I will be spending some time in northeast PA In early October. I'm looking for some scenic places to check that are not any of the following since I've already seen them:

-Bushkill Falls

-Hickory Run SP

-Jim Thorpe area

Thanks!

Hickory Run State Park is about all I know up that way, so I can't help much. Now, if you're willing to drive around 60 miles west of Wilkes-Barre, World's End State Park is one of my favorite places. I've also heard good things about Rickett's Glen State Park, which about halfway between Wilkes-Barre & World's End State Park.

http://www.dcnr.stat...dsend/index.htm

http://www.dcnr.stat...sglen/index.htm

-Bushkill Falls

-Hickory Run SP

-Jim Thorpe area

Thanks!

Hawk Mountain. Well worth the few $$ to walk it. Probably a bit more than an hour but well worth the drive too.

-Bushkill Falls

-Hickory Run SP

-Jim Thorpe area

Thanks!

- Big Pocono State Park on top of Camelback Mtn, views are awesome

- Lake Wallenpaupack - drive 507 on the south side of the lake

- Francis E. Walter Dam off of 940 right by Jack Frost, nice views on top of the dam especially looking west

My new weather station I just picked up yesterday (8/30/12). Certainly not the best that money can buy, but then again, my budget just doesn't allow for a $300+ drop right now. It's still way better than what I was using. Time will tell just how accurate everything is, but so far, temps and humidity seem pretty close.

5 in 1 outdoor sensor unit.

Indoor display unit.

Hawk Mountain. Well worth the few $$ to walk it. Probably a bit more than an hour but well worth the drive too.

Hawk Mountain rules!! It's actually probably closer to us here in SE PA (a little over an hour's drive from Collegeville) that it would be from up in the Poconos (about 1.5 hours from Scranton).

http://www.hawkmount...age.aspx?id=482

EDIT: Actually, I stand corrected. I've never been to Hawk Mountain. I was confusing it with The Pinnacle (which is awesome).

http://www.harpweb.com/thepinnacle/

Hawk Mountain rules!! It's actually probably closer to us here in SE PA (a little over an hour's drive from Collegeville) that it would be from up in the Poconos (about 1.5 hours from Scranton).

http://www.hawkmount...age.aspx?id=482

EDIT: Actually, I stand corrected. I've never been to Hawk Mountain. I was confusing it with The Pinnacle (which is awesome).

http://www.harpweb.com/thepinnacle/

Both places look great

Nice weather station. I've been thinking of getting one myself. Any suggestions on good ones, I would be splitting the cost with my dad so probably have $400-$500 bucks to work with.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 is the best personal weather station on the market, though it may be a bit above your price range. Here are my two (the entire set-ups ended up costing a bit over 1,000 each, but I am anal ;) )

Elko...

post-39-0-15669700-1346458261_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-76602000-1346458252_thumb.jpg

Jersey...

post-39-0-91014300-1346458242_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-02024000-1346458234_thumb.jpg

Davis Vantage Pro 2 is the best personal weather station on the market, though it may be a bit above your price range. Here are my two (the entire set-ups ended up costing a bit over 1,000 each, but I am anal ;) )

Elko...

post-39-0-15669700-1346458261_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-76602000-1346458252_thumb.jpg

Jersey...

post-39-0-91014300-1346458242_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-02024000-1346458234_thumb.jpg

Well I've started to get my dad into it so maybe I can talk him up a little lol how much more with out the fancy mounts?

Archived