• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

cloudy and 66F, sky looks like snow on the way :)

I made a post about that this morning to a friend on facebook. The high overcast and muted sun along with the "relative" chill in the air reminded me of a winter morning awaiting the first flakes of an incoming snowstorm.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oof, that sucks bro. is it like dead dead, or serviceable (for a horrendous fee, of course)?

I'm down, should be fun... I'm having a hell of a time getting 12 guys together for a money league this year, people keep bailing. I may just do one of the Sportsline leagues where you buy in for a fixed amount, and find an open slot. They only pay out to the winner, but the last time I played there, I wound up winning, so we'll see. Still a bit of time for people to get their s*** together...

The bearing in the compressor is screaming, not a good thing. Plus its at least 10 years old, if not a lot more. I'm getting 2 window units tomorrow for free, since I don't have the money right now, to replace the whole unit. Of course, it takes a **** a week after my Dad turns the house over to me and my fiance, lol. But summer is almost over, so I shouldn't have to address it really until next year. It's been killing me in the electric bill department anyway, because it struggles to keep the house cool, when it's really hot and humid. So maybe it's for the better.

oof, that sucks bro. is it like dead dead, or serviceable (for a horrendous fee, of course)?

I'm down, should be fun... I'm having a hell of a time getting 12 guys together for a money league this year, people keep bailing. I may just do one of the Sportsline leagues where you buy in for a fixed amount, and find an open slot. They only pay out to the winner, but the last time I played there, I wound up winning, so we'll see. Still a bit of time for people to get their s*** together...

if we can get like 10 people or more ill create a league...right now we have 3...

It would probably be good at this point to start a thread to make it more apparent. I don't see why we couldn't get 7 more guys (or fsu_wxgirl :)) that like football to play...I'm raising Li's hand, so that's 4 lol...

Only reason i did it here is because im not sure if it would be deleted since its not weather related...but i really don't want everyone from different forums in it. Would be better if its just this area....lol Lee vs ryan head to head in fantasy football that could be interesting.

Only reason i did it here is because im not sure if it would be deleted since its not weather related...but i really don't want everyone from different forums in it. Would be better if its just this area....lol Lee vs ryan head to head in fantasy football that could be interesting.

Ah, good point. I hadn't considered either aspect. The last thing we need is TheTrials getting involved and ruining it for everyone lol...

RyLi Bowl! :lol:

I'm raising my hand!!

Sure was nice sleeping with the windows open this weekend. I am so ready for fall, especially since we'll be in our new house!

It would probably be good at this point to start a thread to make it more apparent. I don't see why we couldn't get 7 more guys (or fsu_wxgirl :)) that like football to play...I'm raising Li's hand, so that's 4 lol...

The Inquirer has a background story on Sheena this week...

http://www.philly.co....html?viewAll=y

Read the article in the paper.

Well done Sheena.

She is, if anything, overqualified for her job. She holds a Certified Broadcast Meteorologist seal from the American Meteorological Society. That's the gold standard in the industry.

According to the most recent data available from the AMS, fewer than 30 percent of TV weather forecasters have earned the seal.

To put it in perspective, Cecily Tynan doesn't have one. Neither does Kate Bilo or Sue Serio or John Bolaris. Neither Al Roker nor Sam Champion is certified, for that matter.

Passing shower made it to southern Chesco last evening. It's the "hope I don't catch a cold this week" weather.

Watching the tropics now. I need something to do since pre season ball is looking pretty sloppy and #7 has shown me he didn't get any smarter in the off season.

If there is one thing that Elko excels at, its great sunsets. Figures since its a fair-weather type of event, something else Elko excels at :axe:

417397_4005592132708_994166069_n.jpg

I know this isnt my normal type of post, but i felt like trying settings out on my HD digital camera so I took this nice shot by using the ISO setting at 100. I think it looks nice. I posted it on facebook so this is the link to the picture i posted on facebook.

Archived