• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NE Tropical Thread

free_man

All systems that formed near 94L, assuming it gets classified within the next 24 hours.

Looks like most systems recurve. I'm in the "not much to see here camp" for the 4-5 days, at least for us. The GFS ensembles seem to place "it" approaching the Caribbean by then and most members taking a right hand turn and a few continuing the course. We'll know better when its there where "it" is going.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like most systems recurve. I'm in the "not much to see here camp" for the 4-5 days, at least for us. The GFS ensembles seem to place "it" in the Caribbean by then and most members taking a right hand turn and a few continuing the course. We'll know better when its there where "it" is going.

Along with a good number of EC hits. The far west tracks into the Gulf are the most unlikely is really what we can decipher from this

Looks like most systems recurve. I'm in the "not much to see here camp" for the 4-5 days, at least for us. The GFS ensembles seem to place "it" approaching the Caribbean by then and most members taking a right hand turn and a few continuing the course. We'll know better when its there where "it" is going.

Was just going to post this image. Pretty good consensus of there being some form of a system off the Florida Coast. The key is what kind of system will it be........just a disturbance or a full blown 'cane. Only time will tell.

Yup

If this is a threat, its to the Caribbean and Gulf. Looks as though the NAO is trending towards neutral in the upcoming days. Flow is looking more zonal across the conus. The Alt ridge also looks to build W, preventing any curve to the N until at least Hispaniola.

Pretty strong ridge builds to the north at the same time, so that also wants to keep it into the Carb.

:poster_oops:

I think forward speed is inhibiting further organization especially. However I thought a wsw motion would commence soon but llc went slightly n of due west now @15.7 n 45.2 w 1245z. Great post blizz let's get this to a cane turnin nw just ne of hispanola then its showtime

If that can happen, than maybe.

If that can happen, than maybe.

. I think if the ull to the nw can sink sw more it could be in a area to clear out some sal ahead and more importantly steer 94l just wnw enuf to go north of shredderolla perhaps effecting pr along the way. I have very low confidence in this happening but who knows, however if a wsw motion begins soon I think the n of islands path would be much lower probability

Seems like Issac to be,convection starting to fire up near the center,with a distinct low level center forming as of this hour. Could we see a TD or even TS Issac by the 5 or 11pm advisory today. winds at 30mph interestingly enough,last year when Irene came through as a strong TS vermont and NH and Maine got alot of wind and flooding rains..and still are recovering after that fiasco,We lost power for three days here in Maine...A whole lot of warm water or should I say SST's are very toasty..so who knows how big Issac could get if the East Coast track verifies re the SST's. Alot of model watching from here on out.

Archived