• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Virus Warning

uncle W

No issues here... could possibly be from an ad on the site?

Actually, I have been getting red warnings on my Kaspersky on another site (GSN) for an ad. Haven't had that here yet, though. As long as it's caught by your firewall or virus software, I suppose.

--Turtle

Is anyone else seeing adware on this site? I saw it for the first time last night. Certain words are green and double underlined that show ad links when you hover. I've run adware and malware scans, but am still seeing them. I've only seen it so far on this site...

I had this a few weeks back on this site. I had to do a malware/adware scan in safe mode to get rid of it...

Actually, I have been getting red warnings on my Kaspersky on another site (GSN) for an ad. Haven't had that here yet, though. As long as it's caught by your firewall or virus software, I suppose.

--Turtle

You shouldn't be receiving ads anyway as you're in the donator group. I question if it's ad related, but something else. Regardless, I took out the ad code that was putting in those green links. It doesn't seem to be working correctly anyway.

You shouldn't be receiving ads anyway as you're in the donator group. I question if it's ad related, but something else. Regardless, I took out the ad code that was putting in those green links. It doesn't seem to be working correctly anyway.

TY John...appreciate it!

--Turtle

Wait... it was an ad that created those green links? I was pretty sure I had a trojan after discovering those "green links" that first appeared on the site, and then started appearing on other sites. You might want to remove that ad permanently.

Wait... it was an ad that created those green links? I was pretty sure I had a trojan after discovering those "green links" that first appeared on the site, and then started appearing on other sites. You might want to remove that ad permanently.

I thought the same thing as I saw them appear here first, then some other sites as well. I scrubbed my PC using multiple programs, and it stopped after persisting for a few days...Strange...

It was an ad service where instead of displaying banner ads they incorporate ads through links within the site content. It's a reputable company (VigLink). It is only supposed to be viewable by guests, however they seem to slip by this. Given all of the problems associated with it, I'm taking it out entirely. If the virus was through one of these ads then VigLink is not properly vetting submitted material.

I run ad-block plus for Chrome also available for Firefox. It really helps the overall experience of web browsing.

Donations are fantastic for a site like this, I am happy to support the site, but am not willing to view 3rd party ads.

We greatly appreciate your donation. We offer an ad-free environment to anyone who donates $10 or more. You should be ad-free (not including the sponsorships).

I've had the same problem running another forum..

Be wary of these odd ball Ad companies that promise good rates, only for them to slip in a virus occasionally...and then admit through emails or whatever that their company had nothing to do with any type of virus.

It's so simple for them to slip them in occasionally, and then take them out as if nothing happened.

It truly is getting to a point on the net lately of really not knowing who to trust.. They get paid good for slipping viruses in occasionally, and then acting dumb afterwards like nothing happened.

The best is sticking with well established, ad networks that have been around for awhile. Adsense, Burst Media, ValueClick, Double Click, etc..

I just got another warning that was blocked...I got it in the forecasting and discussion forum...

I don't know. The only thing running is google adsense now, which is almost universally used in websites since anyone can join it. Perhaps your blocker is on a high sensitivity level?

I don't know. The only thing running is google adsense now, which is almost universally used in websites since anyone can join it. Perhaps your blocker is on a high sensitivity level?

it hasn't happened since so maybe it 's fixed...I'll check the blocker...thanks...

Archived