• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
23 Years Ago Today: Northeast Tornado Outbreak

Quincy

The most impressive of which was an EF-4 that ripped through Hamden, CT. Hundreds of buildings were completely destroyed.

The storm was only on the ground for about seven minutes, but the damage was done.

What was also interesting was the track, which was almost due south.

An image from Wikipedia Commons below shows the tornado tracks in red: (July 10th, 1989)

Severe_plot_for_7-10-1989.png

There was a tornado where I grew up in Brockton. The one thing I remember was the sky being green.

I think you are getting your events confused. Brockton used to dye the sky green for St. Patrick's Day. Though looking at the map posted above there were green blobs in some places that day so you may be correct.

I think you are getting your events confused. Brockton used to dye the sky green for St. Patrick's Day. Though looking at the map posted above there were green blobs in some places that day so you may be correct.

LOL, there actually was one. I remember seeing the damage on TV. It was more towards downtown, whereas I lived on the west side.

I was looking on the Tornado History Project site about the EF3 that went through my town in June, 1981. They have it mapped so it went right over my house (no built until 1996), but their map is off by quite a bit. A friend of ours experienced that one

Still cool though

A friend of mine who grew up in Hubbardston was telling me about that.

A friend of mine who grew up in Hubbardston was telling me about that.

That website is fun to play around with

I have found old articles about the storm. It blew out a wall at the high school in Winchendon, destroyed a few houses.

Who do you know who grew up here? Pretty small town, especially 30 years ago.

Worcester county has 39 tornadoes in their database

That website is fun to play around with

I have found old articles about the storm. It blew out a wall at the high school in Winchendon, destroyed a few houses.

Who do you know who grew up here? Pretty small town, especially 30 years ago.

Worcester county has 39 tornadoes in their database

My friend Dan. He used to post here as meteotrade.

Archived