• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forest Fire Thread- SNE-Updated for summer drought/torch

Damage In Tolland

I just love anything that causes havoc or excitement.

I love seeing areas have crazy things happen to them out of the ordinary whether it be weather, or other events. Crazy events bring out the best in communities too IMO.

I saw a fire in Hyde Park years ago. I thought it was pretty cool at the time as I was only 12, but then they pulled out 3 little kids. All dead. After that, I'm all set.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever humped an Indian Tank deep into the brush during a spring brush fire with winds whipping in all directions with fire jumping around? Crazy stuff.

I have done that and I don't care to repeat it either.

I saw a fire in Hyde Park years ago. I thought it was pretty cool at the time as I was only 12, but then they pulled out 3 little kids. All dead. After that, I'm all set.

Yea horrible just imagine being the ones who pulled them out. My first active fire when I was in the Westerly RI FD as a volunteer was when I was 21, 4 kids in a K-Car that exploded on impact. My last before I went into management was a 6 month old in a crib. It never leaves you and all the Kudos to those who do it 24/7.The higher humidity today and active rounds of showers should quickly end any more fire danger threats after today.

Yea horrible just imagine being the ones who pulled them out. My first active fire when I was in the Westerly RI FD as a volunteer was when I was 21, 4 kids in a K-Car that exploded on impact. My last before I went into management was a 6 month old in a crib. It never leaves you and all the Kudos to those who do it 24/7.The higher humidity today and active rounds of showers should quickly end any more fire danger threats after today.

Active rounds of showers?It's sunny currently, Radar looks terrible and it looks like WWT..most areas see less than .10.

My dad was a FF/EMT for 15 years. The stories are horrifying...

Well the Sultan is acting .2 or .3 will quell the fire danger lol..We need days of soaking rains for that..not quick moving downpours that run off parched ground

I'm already at -5" or so for the year. I hope we can get some precip in the next few weeks. Seems like it will happen.

I'm already at -5" or so for the year. I hope we can get some precip in the next few weeks. Seems like it will happen.

Got to like troughy nature next couple of weeks to give us rounds of precip and less Sahara DP's like yesterday. Spring brush fires happen every single year even in wet ones, last year was calm in comparison, this year is active. They are not whole Forest fires though, brush and debris, good for nature. Look at SW of Denver for real fires that destroy homes etc, ours are nuisance.

Archived