12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The 2012 Outdoor Sports Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, Does not matter if you drive the ball 260 yds in 1 shot if it takes you 3 more to go 15', Short game is where its at in golf, If your not handy around the greens your not going to score

Had 5 putts in and out of the cup tonight. Extremely frustrating. I'm never going to play golf again until the first night of my league tomorrow night.

Looks like an arsenal change on clubs is in order this year, After playing the last 6 yrs with the same irons, Did not care for the new Titleist's AP1 or 2's so it looks like its going to be a brand change, Going to take a hard look at the Ping's, Already made a driver change and went with the Taylormade Rocketbalz 10.5 degree after trying the Ping G20 and the K15 with me having such a low launch i need a driver with a higher launch and after testing a few in the simulator i decided on the Rocketbalz as apposed to the R11S, The R11S is designed for a lower launch which i certainly don't need

Razor Hawk is the longest driver by far. You couldn't pay me to play one of those clubs pushed by the stupid golf galaxy commercials with meatwads like Jason Day and Villegas. Embarrassing. G20 is close second.

no sh*t sherlock

i was just wondering if you had much driving power....guess not

no prob.

i'm consistently 280-300.

I'm not consistently that long, 260-280 is more like it for the big drives with a wind, downhill. The long drive is worthless unless you have the irons game to back it up. Typically hit the irons well. Putting has been lights out this season. What's your handicap Tiger?

Looks like an arsenal change on clubs is in order this year, After playing the last 6 yrs with the same irons, Did not care for the new Titleist's AP1 or 2's so it looks like its going to be a brand change, Going to take a hard look at the Ping's, Already made a driver change and went with the Taylormade Rocketbalz 10.5 degree after trying the Ping G20 and the K15 with me having such a low launch i need a driver with a higher launch and after testing a few in the simulator i decided on the Rocketbalz as apposed to the R11S, The R11S is designed for a lower launch which i certainly don't need

I do not know if you played a round or two with the AP1 or 2's, but my experience with the AP1 has been nothing but positive. matter of fact thinking of upgrading to the latest (checking to see what i'll get on a trade). bought the AP1's the first year they came out. I broke the shaft on my 8 iron and the pro i bought the clubs from sent it back to titleist to have it reshafted. titileist lost the head and sent me a new 8 iron (latest model) . hit it for the 1st time tuesday night and loved it. they changed the sole , seems like less resistence after contacting the ball. the ball flight was piercing but high enough so that the ball drops out of the sky like a feather . I am sure you're aware of this, but whatever you buy get them fitted. makes a world of difference. good luck with whatever you choose

Razor Hawk is the longest driver by far. You couldn't pay me to play one of those clubs pushed by the stupid golf galaxy commercials with meatwads like Jason Day and Villegas. Embarrassing. G20 is close second.

Did not try out the Razor Hawk, I have only played with callaway's woods about 20 yrs ago No go for me here on the pings' Face was to closed on both the G15 and 20 launch was way to low, I don't care who makes the club or which pro hits them as long as they perform to expectations that's all that matters to me

I do not know if you played a round or two with the AP1 or 2's, but my experience with the AP1 has been nothing but positive. matter of fact thinking of upgrading to the latest (checking to see what i'll get on a trade). bought the AP1's the first year they came out. I broke the shaft on my 8 iron and the pro i bought the clubs from sent it back to titleist to have it reshafted. titileist lost the head and sent me a new 8 iron (latest model) . hit it for the 1st time tuesday night and loved it. they changed the sole , seems like less resistence after contacting the ball. the ball flight was piercing but high enough so that the ball drops out of the sky like a feather . I am sure you're aware of this, but whatever you buy get them fitted. makes a world of difference. good luck with whatever you choose

Always have to be fitted, I tried both the Ap1 and the AP2's, Took both out from our pro shop for a round, Just did not like the look or feel for me on either and i have played strictly titleist over the last 20 yrs, My specs are standard length 1.50 degrees upright so taking a set of the shelf with standard lies to demo can be a little problematic as they are to flat, So its hard to get an accurate assesment of the irons, Went to Golf & Ski warehouse here in Scarborough and went in the simulator and tested the Ping G20's, But i am going back to test a few more irons sets out before i decide as my focus was mainly on a driver.

Had 5 putts in and out of the cup tonight. Extremely frustrating. I'm never going to play golf again until the first night of my league tomorrow night.

Its a disease golf, No matter how bad you play a round you always go back for more punishment

Not likely. I'd be willing to wager it's more like 240. Most people who think they drive it 280-300 drive it 240. The PGA tour average is 286.

240 is a nice hit ....for some.

but no my parents lived on a golf course for 8 years in fl...i know distance and golf....and one part of the game that comes naturally to me is driving. If i had time for chipping /shortgame i'm sure my game will come together when i could give it the necessary practice (hopefully after 40 y/old) but i don't make statements to my scoring prowess ...just driving distance.

I have alot of power in the rotation of my hips and shoulders and take the club back further than most....my swing speed is also above average....and i know when my ball clears the 275 sign in the air....or like this february when i out drove the other 3 guys in my group consistently by 30-40 (plus) how far the ball is.

alot of my drives go either side of 300 if i nut them.

so yes i would take your wager any day of the week.

last year i played in a charity golf tourney in (greenland/portsmouth /nh) ...perhaps bramber valley..took the long drive trophy....but when warming up (fun part ) ....the driving range there is for some reason .. set up around 250-260 yards....and beyond that (and the high net) was a parking lot /police station. I must have hit the police station on the fly about 8-10 times. Nice little set up there . ..ha

as to the tour average ....big deal ...you can go to ANY driving range across america and find a guy who hits 285 yards (kills the tee shot) ....i'm straighter than alot of them. But not quite a "machine off the tee" but a good friend of mine hits it consistently 300-305 and another older friend i hated playing with because he would better me on my best drives and he was out there 325 a number of times WHEN he tried to . a number that big is rare but certainly not unheard of....at least if you don't play with a bunch of guys only over 50-55 years old.

but no my parents lived on a golf course for 8 years in fl...i know distance and golf....and one part of the game that comes naturally to me is driving. If i had time for chipping /shortgame i'm sure my game will come together when i could give it the necessary practice (hopefully after 40 y/old) but i don't make statements to my scoring prowess ...just driving distance.

I have alot of power in the rotation of my hips and shoulders and take the club back further than most....my swing speed is also above average....and i know when my ball clears the 275 sign in the air....or like this february when i out drove the other 3 guys in my group consistently by 30-40 (plus) how far the ball is.

last year i played in a charity golf tourney in (greenland/portsmouth /nh) ...perhaps bramber valley..took the long drive trophy....but when warming up (fun part ) ....the driving range there is for some reason .. set up around 250-260 yards....and beyond that (and the high net) was a parking lot /police station. I must have hit the police station on the fly about 8-10 times. Nice little set up there . ..ha

as to the tour average ....big deal ...you can go to ANY driving range across america and find a guy who hits 285 yards (kills the tee shot) ....i'm straighter than alot of them. But not quite a "machine off the tee" but a good friend of mine hits it consistently 300-305 and another older friend i hated playing with because he would better me on my best drives and he was out there 325 a number of times WHEN he tried to . a number that big is rare but certainly not unheard of....at least if you don't play with a bunch of guys only over 50-55 years old.

Easy on the older guys..........lol, I fit that category but i can still hit it, Was avg 263 yds in the sim with the driver between 106-108 mph swing speed for an older man......... ;)

Former hockey player here. Consistent 250 down the middle.

Suprisingly I'm -20 to 30 yards on all my irons. 8 iron I hit tops 120. Drives me bonkers. Tried everything short of taking a lesson to figure out whats wrong with my swing.

Wow, I play with a few guys that played hockey and most are strong off the tee, But you hitting the 8 iron 120 is very puzzling it has to be something with your swing, You should be in the 150 yd range, I hit 9 iron 150 yds and 8 iron 160 yds

Wow, I play with a few guys that played hockey and most are strong off the tee, But you hitting the 8 iron 120 is very puzzling it has to be something with your swing, You should be in the 150 yd range, I hit 9 iron 150 yds and 8 iron 160 yds

driving 250 yards but hitting 8 iron 120 yards....

what kind of trajectory does your ball take off of an 8 iron ...is it a fairly high "towering" shot? or is it like a line drive off the bat of tony pena? very puzzling to say the least

on a side not i was close to buying one of those frisbee "drivers" for frisbee golf...not that i know of a course to play frisbee on...but it seems those frisbee drivers go 150-175 yards

Easy on the older guys..........lol, I fit that category but i can still hit it, Was avg 263 yds in the sim with the driver between 106-108 mph swing speed for an older man......... ;)

ya it was mostly a joke and old guys tend to chip better and score better

but if your out playing in a usual foresome with guys either with "bad backs" or 50's and up you probably won't see many (long drivers) consistently 280 and up

Yep, as I thought, Ranger Rick. Being able to hit a drive far but no game to back it up isn't very impressive. It's like a guy that skis straight down a groomer at Mach 3, anybody can pull that off. Get back to me when you've got game.

ya it was mostly a joke and old guys tend to chip better and score better

but if your out playing in a usual foresome with guys either with "bad backs" or 50's and up you probably won't see many (long drivers) consistently 280 and up

No you won't see many 280's and up, The 50's and bad back fits me to a tee......... :)

Yep, as I thought, Ranger Rick. Being able to hit a drive far but no game to back it up isn't very impressive. It's like a guy that skis straight down a groomer at Mach 3, anybody can pull that off. Get back to me when you've got game.

lol ranger rick it is

do they have real courses out west ....with the option to take a cart or do they just give u the option to take like a goat or something

i can see you riding a horse around the golf course out there over a cart ....they probably view a cart as some "fancy gizmo" for city folk.

nice wx today to hit the links. thurs-sat next week look good to. hope you get out and have a good one

lol ranger rick it is

do they have real courses out west ....with the option to take a cart or do they just give u the option to take like a goat or something

i can see you riding a horse around the golf course out there over a cart ....they probably view a cart as some "fancy gizmo" for city folk.

nice wx today to hit the links. thurs-sat next week look good to. hope you get out and have a good one

Haha, just bustin' your chops Pickles. I usually walk but sometimes I'll ride if everyone else is. I prefer to walk as it gives you a bit of time to pull your sh*t together between shots. I also like to keep my heart rate up as I feel I perform better physically when I'm pumped up. We'll have to have a golf GTG. Stormtracker says he'll be at the next SNE gtg so if it's a golf outing I'll ride with him.

golf GTG sounds good. great actually. who plays that would actually go

It would be a good time. I think there are quite a few golfers here. LL was a pro and I've golfed with Cheetah and he is very good as well. CT.Blizz used to golf before he gave it up for his deck staining hobby (practice, practice, practice). Will, Messenger and Brian8675309 also golf I think.

It would be a good time. I think there are quite a few golfers here. LL was a pro and I've golfed with Cheetah and he is very good as well. CT.Blizz used to golf before he gave it up for his deck staining hobby (practice, practice, practice). Will, Messenger and Brian8675309 also golf I think.

Depending on where said outing is potentially held, I would be up for it as well. And I would like to give who ever it is that is talking about long drives a run for his money.

how far would you say a good drive of yours carries sir

Carries is the key word. Because that is my problem. I carry the ball in the air about 275-280.......with about 1.3 inches of roll. But I have been known to hit it about over 300 when i nut it. And the longest drive that I have hit went 330. All this with a driver that I picked up off the used rack for 25 bucks. I hate those drivers with the oversized heads.

i would do a golf gtg

Archived