• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The 2012 Outdoor Sports Thread

ski MRG

I kinda suck but id really like to golf with one of you sometime. No ones ever really taken me and none of my friends golf...I'm sick of going alone lol. Hook a brotha up

Go to the driving range, hit some balls. I'll golf with you later in the summer after you practice a little.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to the driving range, hit some balls. I'll golf with you later in the summer after you practice a little.

i would add , take a lesson or two, practice is good, bud bad practice is not. don't want to groove bad habits, will take years to fix. its a fun game hopefully you'll get the bug

I kinda suck but id really like to golf with one of you sometime. No ones ever really taken me and none of my friends golf...I'm sick of going alone lol. Hook a brotha up

i would add , take a lesson or two, practice is good, bud bad practice is not. don't want to groove bad habits, will take years to fix. its a fun game hopefully you'll get the bug

My advice would be the same, Find a local pro and get some lessons on the basics instead of just going to a range and hitting balls if you have not played, All that will do is induce bad habits and give you a lot of frustration, I use the driving range just to loosen up by hitting a few balls usually 12-20 or so before each round, That's the only time i am on the range, I spend most of my practice time around the practice green chipping and putting,This is where most people should be practicing as the short game is where most of the golf game lies anyways.

chris M ...if you are athletically inclined and know some GOOD golfers who can critique your swing ...paying a couple hundred for lesson's wont' be necessary...if you have a SOUND "natural swing" ....hip turn ...wrist/hand/arm position.....again it (will help but not necessary) ....if you don't have a decent "natural swing" or can't get one with slight advice....then ....yes you will need the coaching before you get set in a poor swing.

chris M ...if you are athletically inclined and know some GOOD golfers who can critique your swing ...paying a couple hundred for lesson's wont' be necessary...if you have a SOUND "natural swing" ....hip turn ...wrist/hand/arm position.....again it (will help but not necessary) ....if you don't have a decent "natural swing" or can't get one with slight advice....then ....yes you will need the coaching before you get set in a poor swing.

I drive the ball 225 on a straight line and chip within 10 feet of where i want it...my swing must be ok lol

Archived