• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The 2012 Outdoor Sports Thread

ski MRG

USA USA USA !!!! It might be cool to see one of the young guns get on the board. Fowler or Bubba, though I don't think that Augusta is a good track for Watson. He needs a lot of room for his shots and that course seems fairly tight and tree lined.

There is always some surprises out there, Augusta is a tough track, I would love to play 1 round there

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started my 12th year of coaching Women's softball with practices on the dry windy fields. After a winter of indoor tournaments it felt good to hit around outside. We have a very busy schedule ahead with the regular season with the travelling team scheduled for tourneys in NH NJ and Mass so far. Picked up a couple of very good players, hoping to Tri Pete the league championship this year. Also now involved in the Coed travelling team with a tourney in Mass at the end of the month. I will be DH ing some but mainly coaching and doing the book. Good times

Started my 12th year of coaching Women's softball with practices on the dry windy fields. After a winter of indoor tournaments it felt good to hit around outside. We have a very busy schedule ahead with the regular season with the travelling team scheduled for tourneys in NH NJ and Mass so far. Picked up a couple of very good players, hoping to Tri Pete the league championship this year. Also now involved in the Coed travelling team with a tourney in Mass at the end of the month. I will be DH ing some but mainly coaching and doing the book. Good times

Nice Ginxxx, I had no idea people played indoor softball. I've played lots of indoor tennis and it is always nice to be able to get outside to play. I've been out fishing a few times so far and haven't done very well. A few freshly stocked Rainbows but they almost don't count because they are so easily tricked.lol

<p>

Nice Ginxxx, I had no idea people played indoor softball. I've played lots of indoor tennis and it is always nice to be able to get outside to play. I've been out fishing a few times so far and haven't done very well. A few freshly stocked Rainbows but they almost don't count because they are so easily tricked.lol

Yea there are some nice domes now, the one in NJ is sick, three full size fields. Our season opens 3 week of April.Head chef at work brought in 2 30+ inch stripers this AM from the stream down the road, they are chasing buckies.

I'm totally cheering Phil on today. Hope he wins the 4th Green Jacket. He's such a class act. What a gutsy flop shot with water behind it. Great clutch eagle putt too.

I agree, He is certainly playing his best right now, And his putting is spot on and that wins championships

USA USA USA !!!! It might be cool to see one of the young guns get on the board. Fowler or Bubba, though I don't think that Augusta is a good track for Watson. He needs a lot of room for his shots and that course seems fairly tight and tree lined.

LOL! Like I said, the course suits Watson's game, I knew he'd win.

I tried out the new Titleist Velocity golf ball, The cover is similar to the NXT but with more distance and less spin which is ok right now with as slow as our course is, I can use the release on the greens on the approach shots, My ball of preference is the Titleist Pro V1's but they have a very high spin rate plus they are $4.00/ball and i don't need to be losing these in the middle of the fairways because of wet and plugged conditions

I tried out the new Titleist Velocity golf ball, The cover is similar to the NXT but with more distance and less spin which is ok right now with as slow as our course is, I can use the release on the greens on the approach shots, My ball of preference is the Titleist Pro V1's but they have a very high spin rate plus they are $4.00/ball and i don't need to be losing these in the middle of the fairways because of wet and plugged conditions

Try the new Callaway Hex black. Very much like the Pro v1x but much much more durable. I've played the Pro v and v1 for the last 10 yrs or so. Pro v black spin way too much for me, I spin them off our greens with sw and lw's. Give the Callaway a try, they are a great ball.

Try the new Callaway Hex black. Very much like the Pro v1x but much much more durable. I've played the Pro v and v1 for the last 10 yrs or so. Pro v black spin way too much for me, I spin them off our greens with sw and lw's. Give the Callaway a try, they are a great ball.

Will have to check them out, My spin milled vokey wedges cut the covers after a while, They place a significant amount of spin on the ball

Will have to check them out, My spin milled vokey wedges cut the covers after a while, They place a significant amount of spin on the ball

I also played the SM VW and shred the prov1. I have upgraded to the new wedges this year so not sure how the old grooves are on the Hex Black but I can tell you from hitting a cart path and a few rocks that the cover is FAR more durable than the pro v. For me, they have the perfect spin. Nothing too crazy with a wedge but can drop a 5 iron and stop it within 3 feet. They do putt a tad firm, almost like an NXT tour, but are far better around the green for flops and chips etc.

I also played the SM VW and shred the prov1. I have upgraded to the new wedges this year so not sure how the old grooves are on the Hex Black but I can tell you from hitting a cart path and a few rocks that the cover is FAR more durable than the pro v. For me, they have the perfect spin. Nothing too crazy with a wedge but can drop a 5 iron and stop it within 3 feet. They do putt a tad firm, almost like an NXT tour, but are far better around the green for flops and chips etc.

Yeah, I usually have to make putting adjustments if i am playing the pro v or 1x's, The 1x has a different core then the pro v but both have the same cover, The pro v's are softer putting the 1x's are firmer like the nxt and velocity, I am a lag putter so this time of year with the greens being slow i rather play a firmer ball to get them to the hole, I will check out the new hex black the next time i pick up a sleeve.

Schweet.

yeah was pretty cool. We usually end up playing at least one day in snow or hail in April lol.

Shot 82 today with 4 birdies and 8 pars. 3 triples, 2 doubles and a lone bogey. Tee ball is ****ing killing me. I am lost with the driver and 3 wood is failing me. I either crush it down the middle or lose it right by 50 yrds. trying like hell to shorten my swing and it is taking its toll on my confidence.

My iron game, short game and of all things, putting, are in great shape.

I might go dig the 1 iron out of the basement....

yeah was pretty cool. We usually end up playing at least one day in snow or hail in April lol.

Shot 82 today with 4 birdies and 8 pars. 3 triples, 2 doubles and a lone bogey. Tee ball is ****ing killing me. I am lost with the driver and 3 wood is failing me. I either crush it down the middle or lose it right by 50 yrds. trying like hell to shorten my swing and it is taking its toll on my confidence.

My iron game, short game and of all things, putting, are in great shape.

I might go dig the 1 iron out of the basement....

I've been playing ok though a bit erratic. 37 (par 34) on the front nine at Bas Ridge last night. 43 (par 36) at Greenock tonight. Have actually been hitting my driver pretty well though tonight I got into trouble with it on the first hole. Tough to roll off the job site right onto the first tee with no warm up. When I return from AK I'll be ready to start the season for real.

Archived