• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way for those wondering why there was no mention of a freeze last night"

US National Weather Service New York NY

Typically, our frost/freeze program begins on April 10 for the city, April 20 for Long Island and coastal Connecticut, and May 1 for interior locations. However, due to the extended warm period we recently observed, our frost/freeze program will begin earlier this spring. The program will begin on April 1 for New York City, coastal Connecticut, and Long Island, and on April 15 for inland locations.

Lee Goldberg and DT just said on facebook that a big pattern change to colder and stormier air is on the way for the first week of April. Lee also said that some surprises could also happen.

4/6/82 and 4/7/03 were nice surprises

I don't like what the 12z Euro model with abnormally cold weather and possibly a big snowstorm. Death to the Euro if it is saying. I only like snow in the spring ;and late fall.

0z Nam is south like the Euro. It gives snow to parts of CT and upstate NY.

I hope blocking and -NAO goes away soon. -NAO is only could in the winter. I would kill myself if we get another 4/6/82 redux.

I wouldn't mind if we get a snowstorm in early April. Imagine if we get more snow in early April than we got this whole winter lol

Archived