Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2 Severe Potential and Observations

Indystorm

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I'll write them off for cmh at least now. I would have been surprised to see us end up with a tornado warning in the vicinity, (not even a severe tstorm watch in the area), on a day that featured virtually no sunshine, and 1 and 2 hour long periods of steady rain. Not to mention temps that were almost 15 degrees off the projected high of near 70.

guess it wasn't such a strange day afterall....at least for our area.

Yeah, with the rain and temps staying so much cooler than forecast, I was very skeptical of anthing happening nearby. Even Cincy just ended up with some rain and thunder. But hey, we're running ahead of last year in the rain department. 2nd year in a row with record rains?

Marysville IN apparently AnA2yTzCEAEWFWI.jpg

Looks like just a slab remains in the center-right portion. I don't want to speculate on an exact rating but when you combine that with the debris falling miles out ahead, it suggests it could've been a higher end tornado.

Looks like just a slab remains in the center-right portion. I don't want to speculate on an exact rating but when you combine that with the debris falling miles out ahead, it suggests it could've been a higher end tornado.

We're definitely dealing with at least EF3 based off the tree damage alone, bark being stripped like that and all.

Just piss poor polygon management by Jackson. This cell has moved out of the eastern side of the polygon twice already, and is threatening to do so again, yet they refuse to issue a more easterly box until just now as I'm typing. That is four TORs that probably could have been done with two.

They finally got the chopper over here, quite a few slabs visible from the air. Not good.

Here are the pictures I took from Holton, Indiana in Ripley County where we confirmed with ISP that there were 2 fatalities. I could not get into the town itself, even with my Fox 59 media credentials, as they had the town completely blocked off to the public and media. That is where the 2 confirmed fatalities were. The debris field was insane. It stretched for miles in every direction.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.395250387155121.108260.217605108252984&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.395250387155121.108260.217605108252984&type=1

Archived