• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
High wind/Major wind damage thread/obs/Wiz ham reports

Damage In Tolland

The atmosphere needs to cook. Getting stronger gusts now, but the winds at 850 are a bit less. Still around 50-55kts or so.

yeah RUC soundings look better later in the morning into the afternoon. but the jet is a bit less so i think the upper level of this event is probably lower. still think we'll see a good deal of 50+ mph gusts though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah RUC soundings look better later in the morning into the afternoon. but the jet is a bit less so i think the upper level of this event is probably lower. still think we'll see a good deal of 50+ mph gusts though.

Last night BOX had 49kt winds in their BOS TAF starting at 12z. I didn't have winds nearly that strong so early, so I'm glad it didn't pan out so quick, because there would have been problems. Either way, maybe they can pull a G45 or so later on.

Have to see what the afternoon heating brings but right now winds are major meh here at work, highest gust 30

So far, this wind is pretty lame, it was stronger yesterday out of the northeast lol.

Major structural damage cancel:(

Other than southern Middlesex and New London counties, the winds weren't forecast to be that wild across Connecticut - generally 20-30G40 with isolated G50. Not unusual for the time of year, and certainly not damaging. Maybe GON with their HWW can pop a G53 or so this afternoon.

Archived