joxey
2/19 Banter Thread

am19psu

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didnt even know that, i was just looking at the cpc plots

nao.sprd2.gif

At this point its just an index number. I'd have to find my sheets somewhere but its somewhere around a quarter to a third of our 6" or greater events have been with positive nao(s) (I also looked at changes the days before, so pure pos index numbers). No matter what the index number is, this system is obviously blocked from getting too far to the north because of the 500mb pattern in southeastern Canada, just a question of how close it comes and how fast it moves offshore. I didn't go out this morning either, so I guess by front nine 45 has to get marked as an incomplete. :(

Based on the 12Z model runs any warning criteria type snow north of the MD line is wishful thinking. Would need a significant shift north in the models. It may be ovah.

Nah, it's not over. We're definitely still within the margin of error 3 days out. If I lived in Hartford, I'd be moving on, but not here.

Nah, it's not over. We're definitely still within the margin of error 3 days out. If I lived in Hartford, I'd be moving on, but not here.

You've seem more positive than I've ever seen you with this ?????? event. I just wonder with the positive NAO if this won't come a bit more north, still a ways out and can't believe everything is set in stone 84 + hours out.

You've seem more positive than I've ever seen you with this ?????? event. I just wonder with the positive NAO if this won't come a bit more north, still a ways out and can't believe everything is set in stone 84 + hours out.

I'm actually the most positive for DC out of the I-95. This is going to be a legit storm and it should be awesome to watch unfold on satellite imagery. I get excited when there are true impact events on the table, even if the snow is going to be somewhat limited in geographic extent.

I'm actually the most positive for DC out of the I-95. This is going to be a legit storm and it should be awesome to watch unfold on satellite imagery. I get excited when there are true impact events on the table, even if the snow is going to be somewhat limited in geographic extent.

well maybe you should go mod that forum :P;):o:)

Ok in the positive spirit of am19psu here's the latest water vapor which has a pretty potent southern jet involved out west. You can see our storm in the far left hand lower corner at the present time.

wv_east_anim.gif

Archived