northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 19-20 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DC area looks pretty good as of now for a sizeable event. It would be delicious irony that they could be ahead of us and Boston by Monday for the season.

Since 1891-92, there have been 7 seasons in which Washington, DC had more snow than both Boston and New York City. The most recent such season was 2009-10: DCA: 56.1"; NYC: 51.4"; BOS: 35.7". There was one case in which Washington, DC had more seasonal snowfall than Boston and New York City in consecutive winters: 1978-79 and 1979-80.

I'm holding until the 12z models today... after that, I will buy what the models show, because after that it's very hard to get substantial changes in the details with the models within that timeframe from the storm.

From the NWS, Washington, DC area discussion: "ONE THING IS FOR SURE...GUIDANCE WILL FLUCTUATE AND THE

FORECAST WILL OSCILLATE OVER THE NEXT 2-3 DAYS. STAY TUNED".

If that is true for them it is true for us.

From the NWS, Washington, DC area discussion: "ONE THING IS FOR SURE...GUIDANCE WILL FLUCTUATE AND THE

FORECAST WILL OSCILLATE OVER THE NEXT 2-3 DAYS. STAY TUNED".

If that is true for them it is true for us.

That's correct.

I was just saying that the margin of error will significantly diminish as we progress forward with time.

That's correct.

I was just saying that the margin of error will significantly diminish as we progress forward with time.

Not really, just last week most guidance had .50+ for NYC metro just 24h out and look how that one turned out? Of course this is very different setup and the one major limiting factor now is that confluence to our north, gonna be tough to nudge that north 100 miles. But it can happen just as easily as a no phase and much weaker solution that screws DC as well.

looks like all in all, the euro had the right idea the entire time. the gfs being amped up for a few runs the past couple days/nights was obv high on crack. no matter how you slice it, when it comes to EC snows within the D7 range, its euro all the way. it might have been wrong with a couple features here and there, but the end result constantly whipped the gfs. obv its not over but....

Euro looked good and amped like the NAM for a while, and then suddenly shunts east. Tomorrow, maybe we can improve on that feature. With that, good night. Euro hasn't been so good this year that I'd even trust it now.

No we can't, move on. There is nothing favorable at all about this pattern depicted at H5, it does not produce snowstorms for us.

Lol for our area? the .10 precip line doesnt get north of Lewes DE's latitude.

I wanted to be gentle, especially since so many people continued to believe in this atrocious setup. lol I figured if I was that blunt, people might react negatively haha

Sorry, can't move on yet. 12z tomorrow should be telling. Even the MA forum wonders what went wrong because the Euro looked good.

What happens in Baltimore is irrelevant to our area. There is nothing that could possibly alter the outcome for our area, areas to our south need to focus on the northern extent of the precip shield.

I wanted to be gentle, especially since so many people continued to believe in this atrocious setup. lol I figured if I was that blunt, people might react negatively haha

haha yeah, once the low gets into the SE it moves ENE. Getting the low to turn up the coast and/or getting precip into our area is looking less and less likely. Good luck to all those in the southern mid atlantic

Archived