Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2/19 Weekend Threat

am19psu

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the UKMET cam only 50 miles north we would be talking at or near a moderate even for Philly. also would need to be colder. clearly shows we got all of Friday and possibly even Saturday. we have seen storm after storm make small to moderate shifts north last minute over the years. I still like my 2-4 call for Philly for now.

ukmetPR00.11.gif?t=1329455883

Pretty much all the models are within 50 miles of each other with this better data at 0z. We may see the usual slight bumping north, but it looks like mainly a Balt/DC event rather than a Philly event. I do think Philly and immediate burbs will get decent accumulations for this considering how winter has gone, though.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/WRF_6z/wrfloop.html

Rather goofy track of the low on the 6z NAM. Up until hour 54 the low is moving NE out of the gulf and you would think it would be cutting inland a bit. Then between hour 54 and 60 makes a sharp right before heading NE again. Any construction taking place on any interstates in Northern Alabama and Georgia that the NAM had to detour around? :whistle:

http://www.meteo.psu...6z/wrfloop.html

Rather goofy track of the low on the 6z NAM. Up until hour 54 the low is moving NE out of the gulf and you would think it would be cutting inland a bit. Then between hour 54 and 60 makes a sharp right before heading NE again. Any construction taking place on any interstates in Northern Alabama and Georgia that the NAM had to detour around? :whistle:

Its avoiding the mountains.

I posted in the NYC thread that about 95% of the time the NAM follows a preceeding SREFs run. Easily 4% of those 5 where it does not are the 06Z runs, consistently they do the opposite of the 03Z SREFs with regards to any significant storm system you might be tracking. The NAM almost always goes S or E on its 06Z runs its just about a guarantee.

I posted in the NYC thread that about 95% of the time the NAM follows a preceeding SREFs run. Easily 4% of those 5 where it does not are the 06Z runs, consistently they do the opposite of the 03Z SREFs with regards to any significant storm system you might be tracking. The NAM almost always goes S or E on its 06Z runs its just about a guarantee.

NAM not really that different from 0z, maybe 25 miles south....that 25 miles could make a difference in this area, should this be the final solution (which it wont be)

All aboard the fail train. It left BOS a few days ago, just boarded in NYC and now heading to Philly.

With temps near 40 this morning, highs predicted to be 50 this afternoon and tomorrow, i think the train will keep heading south from here. Where is the cold air that is supposed to bring all this snow south of here?

With temps near 40 this morning, highs predicted to be 50 this afternoon and tomorrow, i think the train will keep heading south from here. Where is the cold air that is supposed to bring all this snow south of here?

There is a weak cold front progged to move through right before the system comes up from the south. That, combined with its own circulation and dynamics, are what is supposed to bring the cold. In this situation it will probably be rain on the front edge.

Archived