e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
2/19 Weekend Threat

am19psu

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM is a miss south (even for DC, really) rumor has it UK the same, but i havent seen yet to confirm

Measurable looks like a BWI-ACY line, the UKMET would be more disconcerting. Regardless I don't know if a line in the sand can be drawn much before the 12z soundings on Saturday anyway, looks like that's the first sounding that will have Texas convection to it.

Measurable looks like a BWI-ACY line, the UKMET would be more disconcerting. Regardless I don't know if a line in the sand can be drawn much before the 12z soundings on Saturday anyway, looks like that's the first sounding that will have Texas convection to it.

That trough out west is bothering me a lot with this storm....just not where we want it for a big east coast event.

Looks like if I had to make a call this far out I would go with 2-4 inches snow starting as rain for Philly. These things due tend to shift north last minute but this go around that could result in warmer air and more rain at start. This is just a first guess and is likely to change as we probably will not know 100% what will happen till tomorrow evening at the earliest IMO.

I think that the worry about warmness is certainly warranted in this case since this storm will likely not wrap up into a powerhouse storm near the coast. Dynamic cooling in weaker storms is not as effective since the storm cannot draw in cold air as effectively. I'm thinking rain to snow for the I-95 corridor with all snow to the northwest. I still think the models might be under-doing precipitation if only for the reason that this storm is coming out of the Gulf of Mexico.

I think that the worry about warmness is certainly warranted in this case since this storm will likely not wrap up into a powerhouse storm near the coast. Dynamic cooling in weaker storms is not as effective since the storm cannot draw in cold air as effectively. I'm thinking rain to snow for the I-95 corridor with all snow to the northwest. I still think the models might be under-doing precipitation if only for the reason that this storm is coming out of the Gulf of Mexico.

General with the GFS solution I would suspect the precipitation to be underdone along the coast with a 990 low but ultimately we really need to wait for this system to get on to us grounds so we can get better accurate data for 1 thing and we can see how the moisture unfolds down south. last night the event in the gulf coast states was stronger then models suggested. Does not mean much but then again we have see countless last minute model changes last week models went dryer on us last minute. there have also been other events that have gone wetter last minute. This is a type event where the last minute changes have a big effect on how much rain or how much snow fall accums and how far north or south.

compared to the 0z the northern and southern stream are further apart from phasing. What ultimately happens the northern stream out runs the southern energy creates the confluence over us and gives a flat look and forces the storm ene off hse. The phase doesn't occur till the storm is on the coast.. The 12z is a lot faster with the kicker in the center of the country which on the 0z run was still in the west. This ultimately just pushes everything along.

Yup, and .05 is about 20 mi north of there... very sharp cutoff

That would be painful to the DC crew. Yikes. The hills and mtns of central VA get blasted.

Anyways, I'm sure we will see some more corrections in the next 36 hrs. These srn stream guys always try to throw curveballs. Either creep north or in this case, sail wide right thanks to the nrn stream clusterfook. It definitely looks like my area is toast.

Archived