• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 18-20TH Potential Winter Storm

PatrickSumner

A majority of computer models (EURO, GGEM, and GFS) all have a storm during this time frame. I know this is early, but I felt this thread was warranted due to the consistent GFS. The EURO and GGEM are also on board now. Although there is no guarantee that a storm will develop during this time frame, it is looking more likely, (Above 50%) thus this thread. Happy chatting!

post-5115-0-81981500-1328655996.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smdh

Had a feeling you would say that. The time frame looks promising though...you at least have to admit that much. I will admit that it may be a bit early for a thread, but I felt it was warranted. It is time to get things going around here. The lack of winter storms this winter has been depressing, but the rest of February is looking optimistic to say the least.

Had a feeling you would say that. The time frame looks promising though...you at least have to admit that much. I will admit that it may be a bit early for a thread, but I felt it was warranted. It is time to get things going around here. The lack of winter storms this winter has been depressing, but the rest of February is looking optimistic to say the least.

We have been discussing this possibility in the general February thread...and Mr. Deedler posted a thread for this time period yesterday that was closed. This thread might suffer the same fate.

what makes this time frame look promising?

what makes this time frame look promising?

I think the fact that a majority of computer models have a storm makes this time frame promising. There are also consistent signs on the GFS (I know...it's the GFS) that the pacific jet is going to begin to relax resulting in a more volatile pattern over the Eastern United States...

We are heading into a notoriously stormy time of the winter anyways for this part of the country. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two systems that roll through this region next week. I say keep the topic on the back burner until 5 days out, but watch it on the general thread.

The MJO would be more favorable for colder air to say the least.

I think the fact that a majority of computer models have a storm makes this time frame promising. There are also consistent signs on the GFS (I know...it's the GFS) that the pacific jet is going to begin to relax resulting in a more volatile pattern over the Eastern United States...

not a valid answer.

Tone down the attitude, if the thread gets deleted or closed Hoosier will do so, you don't need to be mucking up threads with combativeness.

Agreed. The hostility from a couple of the posters in our region irritates me on about a daily basis. Not everyone is an expert and this is a place to talk weather so not everyone is going to have the same level of education or understanding, but there is no need to constantly degrade other posters.

Agreed. The hostility from a couple of the posters in our region irritates me on about a daily basis. Not everyone is experts and this is a place to talk weather so not everyone is going to have the same level of education or understanding, but there is no need to constantly degrade other posters.

Agree, the hostility and agression has been an issue all winter from those select posters and it has grown old already. I know damn well it wouldn't be allowed in their severe threads nor tolorated so I don't see the reasoning for it to be allowed in winter threads.

Agree, the hostility and agression has been an issue all winter from those select posters and it has grown old already. I know damn well it wouldn't be allowed in their severe threads nor tolorated so I don't see the reasoning for it to be allowed in winter threads.

It is a large part of the reason why I'm not on here or most more than I do because I just get tired of it. Anyways, enough cluttering up the threats ourselves.

Tone down the attitude, if the thread gets deleted or closed Hoosier will do so, you don't need to be mucking up threads with combativeness.

If you want to play a moderator/trixie in every thread and tell people how they should and shouldn't post then why don't you apply to be a nazi mod. You would make an excellent one.

It is a large part of the reason why I'm not on here or most more than I do because I just get tired of it. Anyways, enough cluttering up the threats ourselves.

Yeah, honestly I wouldn't started this thread this soon, but there is pretty good model concensus that there will be a strong system in the 8-12 day range. Right when the AO goes back to near neutral and the PNA goes less positive, also this will be right when the MJO is crossing into the colder phases for the region (8 to 1)

If you want to play a moderator/trixie in every thread and tell people how they should and shouldn't post then why don't you apply to be a nazi mod. You would make an excellent one.

You are part of the problem not the solution so it make sense for you to post something combative like this.

Sorry for even starting the thread. When the storm does come though, I will be sure to tell those criticizers that I told them so! Now enough of this non-sense. Let's talk weather and talk about what is for or against a big storm in the Eastern U.S.

EDIT: Also refer to the topic description which states: "Computer models are biting...should we?" Let's discuss instead of argue.

This thread should be closed. Without jumping on the OP (even a learned met like Deedler made the mistake), I agree with Hoosier that we've been pushing it with the storm threads in the recent past. 6-8 days out is marginal. 10+ days out is laughable.

I do agree with this, though like you said Hoosier will handle it.

Interesting how a MET from MI starts a thread about this way out there remote possible storm and the thread is closed almost instantly. By the way it is my understanding that Bill may not post again on this site (which would be sad). NOTE/EDIT: I see that he decided to post again thankfully.

Someone from IN starts it and now it is OK?

If there is going to be a standard on when to start a storm thread then make a standard. Say 5 day out or something. But if there are going to be double standards then this site is going to have a hard time keeping good MET's like Bill!

Interesting how a MET from MI starts a thread about this way out there remote possible storm and the thread is closed almost instantly. By the way it is my understanding that Bill may not post again on this site (which would be sad).

Someone from IN starts it and now it is OK?

If there is going to be a standard on when to start a storm thread then make a standard. Say 5 day out or something. But if there are going to be double standards then this site is going to have a hard time keeping good MET's like Bill!

hoosier hasn't been around yet.

Congratulations to Detroit and Cleveland on another 35 degree rain ending as snow. Surely a solid snow further west. I'm not sure what else you can say when you're just eyeballing the euro at 216-240 hours. Now the waiting game begins! In the case of this thread, I guess that will take about a week and a half :lmao::popcorn:

not a valid answer.

You nearly cost the board a damn good met because the point of Mr Deedlers thread went right over your head. When you ( and a few others who pull the same sh!t all the time ) can start contributing more then that mouth of yours then you can say something till then STFU. You and a couple of others add NO value at all here and are worse then those you constantly b**ch about.

And yeah i agree about this being way to early to start a storm threat thread. Note that had a few just STFU and minded their own and thus waited they would have seen that Mr Deedlers thread was not so much about the storm threat. Mainly about modeling/the pattern etc. Why again a few here need to STFU with the backseat moderating.

Archived