joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium Range Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the euro looks like a good shot of snow in the lanc to abe corridor...closer in looks like its rain to maybe snow to i95. The thicknesses are pretty high so their seems to be a marginal setup like ray said.

The snowfall map posted in the NYC forum has snow down to PHL, but the caution is that it's a real thread the needle. Hope the snow event started some good luck.

the euro looks like a good shot of snow in the lanc to abe corridor...closer in looks like its rain to maybe snow to i95. The thicknesses are pretty high so their seems to be a marginal setup like ray said.

I like the sounds of that, but will be in the Caribbean at that time, as long as it isn't the biggest snow of the season, of course that would be my luck.

gotta watch the energy ultimately not get held back and have the brunt of this storm come shooting through on Thursday night...we're still in the 'crap' phase of the mid range...not saying the Saturday storm won't happen but definitely possible the timing gets sped up a bit.

gotta watch the energy ultimately not get held back and have the brunt of this storm come shooting through on Thursday night...we're still in the 'crap' phase of the mid range...not saying the Saturday storm won't happen but definitely possible the timing gets sped up a bit.

I read from the hpc that they were going to go with the Slower solution. I assume the euro slowed down a bit?

Tom,

Wouldn't bet too heavy on OTS.....when was the last time that happened?? It sure looks like a much more winter like pattern as we move toward February. Should be interesting

yea, its basically a thread the needle scenario, but what hasnt this year. If it takes longer to come out its ots, if it comes out faster its a cutter.

yeah. Over in the medium range thread, the disco was from the HPC saying the southern cut offs have often been slower rather than faster.

18z GFS was a glorifed cold front. Should be a fun week tracking this. A lot of pieces to this puzzle . You have the timing of the ejected southern stream with the amplification of the northern stream in question. All in all, we'll have no clue till say wed..

Still shooting for Feb 5-15 as a possible wintry period. It might not average out below normal, but I suspect we'll have more troughing and shots for snow during that period than the next 10 days.

I'm banking on Mar 1-10, our senior service hydrologist has worked the short term desk the Friday before our two largest events this cool season, his next Friday short term shift is Friday March 2nd. :whistle:

I'm banking on Mar 1-10, our senior service hydrologist has worked the short term desk the Friday before our two largest events this cool season, his next Friday short term shift is Friday March 3rd. :whistle:

Look on the bright side, at least your not relying on the models past 120hrs :-)!!!!

I'm banking on Mar 1-10, our senior service hydrologist has worked the short term desk the Friday before our two largest events this cool season, his next Friday short term shift is Friday March 3rd. :whistle:

March 3rd is a Saturday. I know because I'm supposed to be driving a Ferrari around NJ motorsports park on Friday 3/2, so there will definitely be a storm around that time...

Archived