• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Synoptic event Jan 11-13... upstate NY

Here it is Ayuud but it's extremly complicated to set up

When you click on http://www.eglweather.com/color-a.pal and all the coding comes up you have to copy it and paste it in word program... Then you have to go through and before the "C" in color you have to press enter to make them line up all one on top of eachother so it looks like this :

Units: DBZ

Step: 5

Color: -10 182 191 224

Color: 0 115 133 196

Color: 10 61 80 143

Color: 15 41 54 99

Color: 20 40 164 47

Color: 25 24 101 29

Color: 30 215 210 47

Color: 35 197 176 65

Color: 40 208 139 47

Color: 45 200 0 0

Color: 50 150 0 0

Color: 55 100 0 0

Color: 60 50 0 0

Color: 65 156 78 186

Color: 70 216 148 216

Color: 75 255 255 255

Then save it into the GroundLevel3 folder and then go to the view bar in GRlevel3 and go to set color table then go to Grlevel3 and open it up. Youll be all set then

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful when doing that, guys. Don takes his blog VERY seriously and isn't joking when he says he'll contact authorities and such (even though I highly doubt they'd do anything).

Trolling isn't an offense in the cyber world... Is similar to someone in school calling someone else a bad name....Happens everyday lol.

Here it is Ayuud but it's extremly complicated to set up

When you click on http://www.eglweather.com/color-a.pal and all the coding comes up you have to copy it and paste it in word program... Then you have to go through and before the "C" in color you have to press enter to make them line up all one on top of eachother so it looks like this :

Units: DBZ

Step: 5

Color: -10 182 191 224

Color: 0 115 133 196

Color: 10 61 80 143

Color: 15 41 54 99

Color: 20 40 164 47

Color: 25 24 101 29

Color: 30 215 210 47

Color: 35 197 176 65

Color: 40 208 139 47

Color: 45 200 0 0

Color: 50 150 0 0

Color: 55 100 0 0

Color: 60 50 0 0

Color: 65 156 78 186

Color: 70 216 148 216

Color: 75 255 255 255

Then save it into the GroundLevel3 folder and then go to the view bar in GRlevel3 and go to set color table then go to Grlevel3 and open it up. Youll be all set then

okay how do i open that on grlevel.

Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans

12:30 PM EST Friday 13 January 2012

Snowfall warning for

Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans issued

15 cm of snow today.

Snow, heavy at times, is forecast to continue through the day over Eastern Ontario. Total snowfall amounts may exceed 15 cm in some locales.

The snow is expected to end during the early evening hours.

Looks like winds are beginning to veer to W then NW tonight. Kbuf should come in around 6 inches I believe. Still consider this an overachiever for Niagara Frontier where most forecast were 2-4 inches for the whole storm. The winds caused whiteouts for nearly the whole morning. Definitely the best storm of the year for me.

i'd say about 1.5-2"...BUF should be around 6" slightly more possibly. Pure les sets up well south of BUF over Chautauqua County late afternoon/evening after the TROWAL passes and it gets colder aloft.

nice,i know its couple days out but the 12z gfs looks good for some LES action next week!@

anyone notice that it got much colder than expected? When I woke up it was 19.9 degrees here at 11am. I think the secondary low transfer was a bit slow which allowed for the synoptic dynamics to be weaker and displaced further east. That area of heavy snow that was supposed to be centered near Rochester ended up verifying over Cayuga and Oswego Counties (Oswego at 6" at 11am this morning) This did allow for the lake response to be a bit stronger so it probably a net neutral for BUF but a net negative for the Genesee Valley.

anyone notice that it got much colder than expected? When I woke up it was 19.9 degrees here at 11am. I think the secondary low transfer was a bit slow which allowed for the synoptic dynamics to be weaker and displaced further east. That area of heavy snow that was supposed to be centered near Rochester ended up verifying over Cayuga and Oswego Counties (Oswego at 6" at 11am this morning) This did allow for the lake response to be a bit stronger so it probably a net neutral for BUF but a net negative for the Genesee Valley.

Yes my temperature dropped 10 degrees in an hour last night, to a low of 17 earlier this morning.

I was down to 18 degrees at one point but am now up to a balmy 27 degrees. 5.5" is my measurement for now on average.

I cant find the post but remember when I stated last night that our best chance for over achieving would be lake enhancement off the lake? OSU can correct me if I am wrong but synoptic lift can aid in developing lake enhanced snow even if there isnt a huge amount of instability. I think we saw a good example of this earlier today. Looks like a nice band of LES forming northwest of Buffalo. If you look down the course of the lake, the winds look to maintain a SW/WSW direction for several hours before it shifts south, hopefully it stalls. =P

11:00 AM wake-up call - nice! But yeah, I was thinking the same thing this morning. Snow was already powdery and lots of blowing/drifting before 7 AM.

Archived