• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What if...we got a late March/April Bookend

HoarfrostHubb

right and i think most people here would take one 4-8 storm a week every week......who don't do winter sports.....and they would enjoy the continuous snow pack and continous moderate snowfalls

wether someone would take a 36 inch snow storm in april 1 if you had to accept 3 future months (DJF) where it didn't snow at all l. well you can't now honestly decide that because it's mid feb (unless you are saying you would take a 36 incher in april) and then your willing to forgoe (DJF) snowfall next year?

i guess it is difficult in the mind to weigh /understand the time of stink your enduring without some effort. i'm mean you'd willingly be in agony 90 consecutive days of suck snow and miseree conditions that you agreed to in exchange for 1 day of memorable snow. that melts in 3 days. yes everyone loves a snow storm of that magnitude. but would you agree to it now in exchange for 3 suck months of snow next year? didn't think so

I would sacrifice it for a 35-40 inch snowstorm. As mentioned previously....nickel and dime winters happen all the time. Its not that noteworthy. I like the cold and snowy winters, but I'd sacrifice.one for a storm like that.

I would sacrifice it for a 35-40 inch snowstorm. As mentioned previously....nickel and dime winters happen all the time. Its not that noteworthy. I like the cold and snowy winters, but I'd sacrifice.one for a storm like that.

I'm with you on that one... we can nickel and dime every winter. I love the thrill of a giant dump. The tracking leading up to it and then the satisfaction when you finally realize that this is "the one" and it will all work out. Cause leading up to the big storm you're left with all these "wow, what if that actually happens" type feelings... but then once you get to like 12 hours out and the radar is exploding and it starts to snow. There's no better feeling for a weather nut... to know that this will not miss and its going to snow like 1-3" per hour for the next 18 hours.

right and i think most people here would take one 4-8 storm a week every week......who don't do winter sports.....and they would enjoy the continuous snow pack and continous moderate snowfalls

wether someone would take a 36 inch snow storm in april 1 if you had to accept 3 future months (DJF) where it didn't snow at all l. well you can't now honestly decide that because it's mid feb (unless you are saying you would take a 36 incher in april) and then your willing to forgoe (DJF) snowfall next year?

i guess it is difficult in the mind to weigh /understand the time of stink your enduring without some effort. i'm mean you'd willingly be in agony 90 consecutive days of suck snow and miseree conditions that you agreed to in exchange for 1 day of memorable snow. that melts in 3 days. yes everyone loves a snow storm of that magnitude. but would you agree to it now in exchange for 3 suck months of snow next year? didn't think so

It was an older thread from the end of Dec.

Basically, would you be ok with the Oct storm (those of us who got it), then a lot of nothing (like we have had) if there was a doozie at the end of the season?

Nickel and dime winters are a dime a dozen...they happen all the time. I'd take an anomalous 3 foot storm and sacrifice the snow pack for it. They are rare and about the most exciting weather event for me to track personally.

For those who ski 85 days per year or snow mobile, I could def understand taking the 3-6" snowfalls all winter vs a huge 30-40" storm...but for me, no way and its not a hard call.

The plow guys get screwed on those big ones no thanks

Archived