Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 8-10 LES Potential

ayuud

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me what you land up with.

Yeah I estimate 2" last night with that final push. Snow become decent after dark..bigger flakes...fluffier. Roads were terrible when I left work at 12am since everything had frozen by then. I'm thinking somewhere around 2.5" was the final total for the event. No reports yet from the southtowns...given the radar estimates I thought the Eden area may have ended up with a 4 spot or a 5 spot.

Near Altmar we had a slight dusting at 5am. At about 8am it started snowing in the moderate range and we now have about 6"! That was a nice surprise. Of course NWS jumps on the bandwagon and ups the total for today from 3-7 to 5-9, and then adds 3-5 for tonight. I don't believe we'll receive more than a dusting tonight, but I won't complain if we do!

I thought it looked like really wet snow when I drove through that stretch around 5 PM from IAG through Grand Island and onto the Thruway. I thought maybe about three or four inches max in the best part.... By then the steady snow was along the Thruway, especially over toward Batavia. I got gas in Batavia and it had just covered the ground there.

Then no snow once east of ROC ...until I got within 10 miles of home here where we still have a few inches of crusty snow on the ground from Wednesday's coastal event.

I doubt the Ontario bands can sweep down here later...but haven't looked at it much.

I got an inch from that band last night,lots of black ice today...

Radar looks nice right now for Redfield area.. I would bet 12" out of this event would not be out of the question! Sure miss my cabin..

I measured the snow depth in three spots around the back yard this am in Montague. 8" at each one.

With the warm ground when is started and a little settling, I would say 9" total as of 10am this am.

Archived