• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Potential 12/8 Event Discussion Part I

earthlight

If only we had some blocking in the Davis straight or to our NE...this is a good example of why blocking is so nice...it can repel these types of trends very easily.

Yup. In all likelihood there will be a tiny narrow stripe of light to moderate snowfall with this system. The antecedent airmass is god awful and the system itself is walking a tightrope.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, we are still walking on very tight rope here. Still plenty of time for things to trend the wrong way. However, the Euro on our side, has gotent me a tiny bit hopeful.

I know it can snow this early, but usually too much has to go right.

Heavy precip, awesome dynamics, but like john said its really warm. Its too bad because we are in the jackpot in term of qpf.

Also a very quick mover. At hr 48 its on the VA/NC border and at hr 60 its off the coast of maine.

I wouldn't be shocked to see it trend east tomorrow since it seems like it always shifts east at the last minute.

Euro has the surface low almost on Southeast Long Island at 54 hrs. 850 0c line is in Sussex County NJ and then runs NE to barely touch Litchfield county CT.

It has plenty of dynamics but there is no cold air to start so we are out of luck.

Instead, electric bath.

takes it down to 996mb too and really bombs it out once it gets northeast of Boston, wow.

Things keep ticking warmer...but we all could still see a brief period of snow as the storm pulls away. Def. not what we were expecting based on the models from the past few days.

That being said, important to keep things in perspective here. This pattern is absolutely terrible...so take whatever flakes you can get and run with them.

cld51.gif

The models have been moving to weaken the first wave over Nova Scotia so

they are bringing in the second low closer to our area. Look at the difference

in the latest GFS from yesterday.

That wave weaker and more progressive, also means less cold air ahead of the storm. And less confluence to shear out the southern vort. I think the GFS is still doing this much.

Archived