Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything ok NwWhiteOut?

Man see what happens this time of year, you get caught off guard big time! I didnt even think or realized this could happen in january but I know not to let my guard down again. Of all oddities the freakin tornado siren in town here never even went the hell off man! Thank goodness nothing bad happened, at least here anyhow. Was some pretty nasty rain, thunder booms and non stop lightning though. It just seemed like a wicked lil thunderstorm thats it but something told me to check on here and the forecast lol, when that sky lit up last time them clouds just looked weird to me. Unlike many of you guys im still learning what to look for in signs of nasties to come cause, well hell Im from the eastcoast and never even heard a tornado siren until I moved out here lol. But yea everything is fine thanks for asking man, much appreciate the concern!

Man see what happens this time of year, you get caught off guard big time! I didnt even think or realized this could happen in january but I know not to let my guard down again. Of all oddities the freakin tornado siren in town here never even went the hell off man! Thank goodness nothing bad happened, at least here anyhow. Was some pretty nasty rain, thunder booms and non stop lightning though. It just seemed like a wicked lil thunderstorm thats it but something told me to check on here and the forecast lol, when that sky lit up last time them clouds just looked weird to me. Unlike many of you guys im still learning what to look for in signs of nasties to come cause, well hell Im from the eastcoast and never even heard a tornado siren until I moved out here lol. But yea everything is fine thanks for asking man, much appreciate the concern!

Maybe you'll get lucky and get some flurries later tonight for your troubles ;)

Maybe you'll get lucky and get some flurries later tonight for your troubles ;)

lol wouldnt shock me to say the least. I cant believe the siren never went off, seriously how dangerous can that be! I better walk the dog now, guess we are in risk until 7am? I thought I read theres still concern right after the front passes to? Man I dont know my head is spinning from the rush lol.....time for a walk

Haha, and I guess being a small town it's got a nice range. You should really buy a weather radio though!

Yea I just have an old scanner and added the NWS frequencies into that. I usually got the thing turned on but its winter and I dont, I know no excuse but a bad habit on my part for having it off. Just wasnt expecting anything ya know, got caught off guard

That was the actual front. Moved through Joplin a bit ago, temp dropped 17 degrees in 30 mins.

Yep I kinda figured it was, temps just dropped off here like a rock now as well. Now watch cold air comes in and everything is history lol. Ready for the balmy weekend ahead lol

I will say this was an interesting night, Im beat and falling asleep....things will settle down now probly

00z GFS: The weak system in 4 days or so keeps coming in a bit colder each GFS run. Might get a light wintry mix somewhere around the area.

Still a lot of variability. The big storm system a few runs ago is now a cutoff over Mexico this run.

Archived