Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be staying up tomorrow to look at my few flakes of snow flying because I have a VERY strong hunch that will be ALL the snow I see this season!!!! What a bore..... That zoning/horizontal junk is showing it's ugly head!

Zonal flow?

Gotta hope okie is right, then maybe Feb won't suck as much.

In the longer range, Euro says bye bye cold air. Keeps it all in Canada. Winter isn't happening.

Bleh I'll be ready for spring soon hell with this winter! lol. This is the worst one I've ever expierienced thats for sure and I have seen some ugly ones. Oh well, really looking forward to tonights short lived bout.

The only interesting thing on the Euro was at the Day 10 mark when it didn't show an Alaskan vortex rebuilding but instead had a storm system off the west coast. You can see where the colder air is sandwiched between the storm system off the west coast and a system above the UP of Michigan.

usaprmslmsl240p.gif

In the longer range, Euro says bye bye cold air. Keeps it all in Canada. Winter isn't happening.

Think you've hit the nail on the head. While there's been a bit of shifting around lately, the mean result is that Canada finally gets cold while the US continues to be balmy and snowless. Pattern looks far too progressive for any real cold to come south, IMHO. Depressing.

yeah I saw it's snowing in Wichita and Winfield. I can't contain my excitement! It will probably break up once it gets closer or something, lol

Man dont be jinxin us now! This may be our only shot lol. Temp has started dropping here, down to 44 now come on! Hopefully its cold enough before anything gets here and now that the sun is down this could be good. It does not look impressive at all on radars i looked at though?

Archived