joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The TV mets down here are saying Tuesday will primarily be rain on Tuesday.  Maybe some freezing rain to start the morning.  I just don't buy that.  This storm digs all the way down to Baja before it kicks out.  The storm still isn't fully onshore to be sampled yet.  I just don't recall many storms that dig that far south but kick out that far north.  Anybody else think this is odd?  

The TV mets down here are saying Tuesday will primarily be rain on Tuesday. Maybe some freezing rain to start the morning. I just don't buy that. This storm digs all the way down to Baja before it kicks out. The storm still isn't fully onshore to be sampled yet. I just don't recall many storms that dig that far south but kick out that far north. Anybody else think this is odd?

I do. I think the totals are all a bit odd right now. It looked like what it was supposed to on gfs up until today. It will come back south. :-)

OK, stupid question, what's the difference between the GGEM and the RGEM?  JoMo posted the GGEM this morning on post #4339 (page 124) and it turned out pretty accurate albeit it was within 24 hours.  

RGEM is like Canada's NAM... It's a regional model that has a 10km resolution that only runs out to 48 hours. GGEM is Canada's GFS, it's a 25-33km global model. 

Doug is going with:

Grove-Jay-Pineville-Anderson-Bella Vista-Casseville: 1-3" of sleet and snow.

Nowata-Welch-Miami-Independence-Coffeyville-Parsons-Oswego-Columbus-Pittsburg-Neosho-Joplin metro-Lamar-Lockwood-Mt. Vernon-Monett: 3-6" of snow.

Fredonia-Yates Center-Chanute-Iola-Ft. Scott-Nevada-Stockton: 
6-9" of snow. 

Having trouble uploading the image but the 12z RGEM looks quite a bit wetter.

GFS not budging much.

Bummer, would like to see the graphics...

What areas are looking to get more precip?  I had a major partner meeting in Bartlesville tomorrow I think I'm moving that to Tulsa to keep it out of the heaviest of precip and prevent partners from traveling in inclement weather out of TUL.

Archived