joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z Euro is farther north with the Tuesday system and has a nasty dry slot poking in up I-44. The heavier snow will fall in central and northern Kansas and northern Missouri.

Looks like a 1-4" event here in our neck of the woods with the highest amounts being in SE KS. 

Wow getting killed by the dry slot on #2, too far north on #1. Maybe next weekend.

I don't think any model has an idea with what will happen with the storm after the Tues storm. I'd say it looks good for a widespread snow event in really cold temps so high snow ratios will be possible even if it is just overrunning and not a wrapped up system.

Ok whats going on with this weather, 30 percent chance of rain today huh lol! Its been puring all morning, 32.8 here now and really close to this stuff freezing. We gotta run to bentonville today and Im sure its allready below freezing up there! Really dont wanna drive on 540 in this kinda weather cause theres always masses of accidents on that highway.

Im having trouble trusting any model at this point, even the euro. May not be a good feel on this until tomorrow night when a good sampling can be made.

Yea man this forecast has just been in constant flux and everchanging every hour or so lol. Someone on this board is in rogers, if you see this whats it doing and whats it like up that way plz?

So really no big changes then on the euro. Hope for some convective elements to enhance our totals.

Not a lot, looks better than last night... slightly.  The farther SE you go, the more you ride the line of freezing precip vs snow... It's going to be close for you at the start on what kind of precip you get.

The system(s) after the Tues system are still sorting themselves out... This run has a stronger system and temps are warmer than the previous run though, but it would still probably be a snow situation, with a mix farther south across Arkansas. It'll change a lot though.

Looking quite likely that we'll be missed S tomorrow, then N and E on Tuesday. Late week system or bust.

I was going to say the same thing. It is looking increasingly likely that Central Oklahoma is going to split the uprights on these next two events. Tomorrow's will slide south and Tuesday's will pass to the north with little more than a few flakes/sleet pellets here. I hope I am wrong, of course, and the model mayhem means there is certainly a chance that one or the other (or both) will trend better for us.... But I don't have a good feeling at this point.

This 12z Euro run made a big change in the extended though. The big Gulf of Alaska low doesn't really materialize this run, there's a weaker low retrograding up there and there's a ridge building in the Pacific and a western trough with a system in the southwest. That's a complete 180 from last nights run.

Another 2-3 runs north and we'd be in tomorrow's system, MoWeatherguy... lol

The 12z Euro ensembles/control delay the GOA low until later in the 15 day period but they still have it.... so the demise of winter is delayed a few days.... and I hope that keeps happening each run, heh

Archived