e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Richmond Metro Winter 11/12 Disco thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WhiteKeane, after the 12z GFS and HRR, could I possibly get my 2-4" back on point and click. Can you call your dudes? I'm not sure this north trend will stop now. Thanks, Dude at Lake Monticello. (Sorry but I watched to much "Crush the turtle" at Disneyworld last week)

Wouldn't it be nice if the 12z gfs verified? The radar at this point doesn't support it in our areas. I'm in CHO btw. It's nice to see some northern movement, regardless.

WhiteKeane, after the 12z GFS and HRR, could I possibly get my 2-4" back on point and click. Can you call your dudes? I'm not sure this north trend will stop now. Thanks, Dude at Lake Monticello. (Sorry but I watched to much "Crush the turtle" at Disneyworld last week)

Um, good luck with that ;) I think you're in the ~1 category right now. I could see a little bit more if you get into that band...but it's looking dubious with soil temps (to say nothing of road temps!). The bullseye that I thought would bring SOMEONE 4-6" might yield 2-3. Hopefully you get into that with a brief period of s+. I know I won't get that ;)

I quit,

This Afternoon: Rain and snow likely before 1pm, then snow. High near 38. Northeast wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 26. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible

DT is throwing in the towel...

"Dt you didn't bust... mother nature busted." Some dolt on DT's Facebook actually wrote that. His cult members make me laugh. And for the record, I will take the blame for this debacle. I took my snow shovel out of the shed and put it on my front porch last night. It angered the snow gods. Mea culpa. I should know better than to jinx us like that.

Well I thought 2-5" for RIC yesterday. Almost seems like 1-3" today, but it will depend if banding can develop like the HRRR suggests. The HRRR argues for more than that.

Thanks for the help Coastal...you and Will were great this week...unfortunately this is a common occurence down here...events that should pan out as major SN never set up as depicted or give us too much sleet...I'm hoping for the best!

Currently steady snow here with a temp of 34/35.

Archived