• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
DEC 11-13th Snow Tracking

Dino

Any one else have this on their home station? The pressure has fallen nearly 2 mb in the last 15 mins to 991.8 here, after the slow rise I posted about! A breeze has picked up out of the NW, but the temp has done nothing and is right at 38.1.

I'm guessing the wave on the front, as shown by the RUC and others is starting to rapidly intensify as it moves on north by us.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any one else have this on their home station? The pressure has fallen nearly 2 mb in the last 15 mins to 991.8 here, after the slow rise I posted about! A breeze has picked up out of the NW, but the temp has done nothing and is right at 38.1.

I'm guessing the wave on the front, as shown by the RUC and others is starting to rapidly intensify as it moved on north by us.

My temp popped up a degree to 39, NW breeze is there, but slight. My baro was rising, now fell slightly also. My dp is down a degree...that's about it. That feature rolling through southern OH into northern KY may add a little lift tomorrow morning or late overnight. Otherwise, some convective snow showers late morning/early afternoon is likely the only hope. Even the flash freeze is looking less likely, but I assume there will be some slick spots tomorrow morning, especially nw of metro.

not much on radar but maybe this area is what to watch?

post-1615-0-19096500-1292200217.gif

that is snow in winston salem and sticking, just talked to a buddy of mine

I'm guessing the wave on the front, as shown by the RUC and others is starting to rapidly intensify as it moves on north by us.

post-4-0-83151200-1292202762.jpg

nice lttle swirl on wv.. guess this wave is the same that produced flurries into atlanta earlier. it looks like it should head this general direction. i think the stuff in oh either doesnt make it or that's tomorrow's potential after it rounds the trough.

post-1615-0-25000700-1292203448.gif

canaan

-------------- Daily ------------- -- Month/Season/Year -
      Temperature 24 hr 24hr Snow Precip'tion  Snowfall
Date   Max Min 7AM Precp Snow Dpth   MTD  YTD  MTD   STD
      (F) (F) (F) (in.) (in.) 7AM  (in.)(in.) (in.)(in.)
------ --- --- --- ----- ---- ---- ----- ----- ---- -----
Dec 12 700PM Currently light snow and 22F.  New snow since 1PM 1.1 inch. Snow board swept.

Dec 12 400PM Currently light snow and 29F. New snow since 1PM 0.7 inch.  Snow board not swept.

Dec 12 1255PM Currently light snow and 34F. No snow accumulation.

Dec 12 1100AM Currently light snow and 34F. After several hours of mixed light rain and snow, precip changed to all snow at 1050AM.

Dec 12 900AM Currently light rain and 34F. Few wet snowflakes mixed in during past hour.

nice lttle swirl on wv.. guess this wave is the same that produced flurries into atlanta earlier. it looks like it should head this general direction. i think the stuff in oh either doesnt make it or that's tomorrow's potential after it rounds the trough.

post-1615-0-25000700-1292203448.gif

Looks like you see the leading edge of the cold air on that. It looks like its the darker line that runs through east of Garrett Co almost due south, maybe a little SE. The surface obs would seem to back that up. If that's the case, it looks like it will be a while before it's even cold enough for snow in these parts.

Looks like you see the leading edge of the cold air on that. It looks like its the darker line that runs through east of Garrett Co almost due south, maybe a little SE. The surface obs would seem to back that up. If that's the case, it looks like it will be a while before it's even cold enough for snow in these parts.

yeah i think the arctic front is somewhere in that area though wv corresponds close to 500mb i believe so im not sure it's exactly the same spot as the surface. interestingly it's colder in the western half of nc than here.. 39 at rdu / 34 at charlotte, both with sw winds.

I'm riding the 18z nam hard...says it's snowing here around midnight.

there's still some moisture around.. either the arctic front itself of the vort moving north or a combo will spark some stuff off... i could see a spot or two doing not bad. maybe we can get a squall or two.

there's still some moisture around.. either the arctic front itself of the vort moving north or a combo will spark some stuff off... i could see a spot or two doing not bad. maybe we can get a squall or two.

rush hour snow around here is a recipe for disaster...see Friday

When you say "not bad" are you talking a half inch?

ground coating +? maybe 1/2-1" again if ideal... ground temps are warmer this go around, wet etc. need some cold soon. ;) of course nothing could happen as well... but that energy is just starting to nose in so we'll see over the next few hrs what's up probably.

Decent little slug of snow just north of Greensboro, NC. Nice to see some moisture making it over the mountains.

Yes, with a sw/ne movement/development. Still waiting on the cold push here, though. Looks like a few more hours and we'll be getting colder. Leading edge of arctic front crossing the divide in VA/MD/WV and will spill east. Still, looks like areas NE of Metro and ironically, possibly se, will do better than the most of us, but that is up for grabs. Crap storm, but I'm interested.

Any new thoughts from you?

not much change so far.. that vort should want to lift more north than northeast but overall the trough is slowly shifting east so i think we're good in general. temps are still an issue maybe but we should cool enough for something. hit or miss maybe but potentially some heavier spots?

Archived