• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How long will it take for Pete's snow to melt?

weatherMA

31 members have voted

1. 1. How long will it take Pete's 26-30" of snow to melt?

• It will never melt.
    • It won't melt until next spring or summer.
    • It will melt, but it will take 4 weeks and then another storm will hit
    • 2-3 weeks
    • He will be mowing his lawn by next weekend
    • It will melt in sun exposed areas, but shady areas will still have at least a foot before the next storm hits
    • 1-2 weeks

Famous last words. Here come's '01-'02.

Well, with a prominant se ridge and cold air lurking to the north, a gradient pattern should produce numerous snow events across the interior ala swfe's. I certainly would feel much better the further north and west I was if I was hoping for snow, which is the case most winters but especially this one.......I dont see an overwhelming PV or blocking that would say wagons south, do you?:P

Hang in there Pete, should be a chronic December for ya'! Things look to align nicely this winter for the interior.......should be epic up that way :snowman:

Listen TorcherMeister MeisterTorcher, I'm just fine, fine a tell ya. (played 18 this afternoon with my friend that got me hooked on golf. Probably the last round for me until Spring.)

Listen TorcherMeister MeisterTorcher, I'm just fine, fine a tell ya. (played 18 this afternoon with my friend that got me hooked on golf. Probably the last round for me until Spring.)

last round? man some really nice weather coming up this weekend and next, you will be missing out!

Snow now totally gone in the Lenox-Pittsfield area, even in the hemlock, pine forests. I can't say I've ever seen 2 feet of snow melt so quickly before. That soft snow has absolutely no staying power against a torch like this. With the rain coming tomorrow I bet even the lingering patches at 2K it will melt in the shady areas.

BTW, I am now posting under this screen name. I decided to let go of the red tag since I'm not an employed meteorologist even though I have a degree in the field. I tried my best to get into the profession, but have now decided to follow other paths. I will always love weather and snow as I have pretty much my whole life. That will not change. Snowman.gif

Why did Mitch change from Mitch to Berkshirewx and a non met?

Doesn't make sense to me :( ....he can still have a met tag even though he's not employed imo.

last round? man some really nice weather coming up this weekend and next, you will be missing out!

My focus is now skiing. Having had a nice taste in the last week or so flipped the switch. Also with it getting dark early now it's tough to even get 9 in. I have to get it together physically as well and pushing golf clubs around isn't strenuous enough. I've totally shifted to ski mode and with the constant barrage of pics coming from my friends in AK the clubs are going up on the peg. I had a good season, still no hole in one though.lol AK yesterday, early season virgin PoW.

So jealous.BTW, I still have snow in the yard.

I believe it. Some yards still have snow in the higher country of NE CT so you should have something left since you had almost 3X what we had. I've been away for the past 10 days and took a ride around the area to see what was left. What surprised me was the fact that it was the open shaded places that still snow rather than the dense evergreen woods.

I believe it. Some yards still have snow in the higher country of NE CT so you should have something left since you had almost 3X what we had. I've been away for the past 10 days and took a ride around the area to see what was left. What surprised me was the fact that it was the open shaded places that still snow rather than the dense evergreen woods.

The snow didnt fall in the woods as well because a lot of the deciduous trees still had leaves, even if only some leaves left...and blocked it. It was def a slightly different snow distribution.

The snow didnt fall in the woods as well because a lot of the deciduous trees still had leaves, even if only some leaves left...and blocked it. It was def a slightly different snow distribution.

I think the density also helped. I can't say for 4-500' up from here but it was a heavy wet snow here....that always helps. Too bad we just can't get a more accommodating pattern to help keep keep what is left around.

well, it looks like it will be gone sometime Saturday the way things are going. 2 weeks. We'll see, maybe it'll go until Sun/Mon but this has been a hostile environment for the poor early season snowpack. It's very sad and I'm rather upset by the whole melting thing. Later.

well, it looks like it will be gone sometime Saturday the way things are going. 2 weeks. We'll see, maybe it'll go until Sun/Mon but this has been a hostile environment for the poor early season snowpack. It's very sad and I'm rather upset by the whole melting thing. Later.

Hang in there buddy! Go Bills, although really tough schedule the next three weeks.

Archived