Newest Member
    12bet1 net
WxChallenge 2011-2012 Season

phil882

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe I put 86/76/10/0.19

went low on the high given that Monday they only got to 85F and the temps stopped rising before the rain even came.

is there a way to check my current forecast that's not editable? I didn't select the e-mail function and I totally forget, since I haven't participated in so long. I think I have to wait until 06z

I believe I put 86/76/10/0.19

went low on the high given that Monday they only got to 85F and the temps stopped rising before the rain even came.

is there a way to check my current forecast that's not editable? I didn't select the e-mail function and I totally forget, since I haven't participated in so long. I think I have to wait until 06z

If you go to the website sidebar and select "The Challenge" then "Distribution" and plug in your school etc. Then just find your username in the list and there is your forecast. That info BTW comes out at 00:03z

I just noticed the standard deviation for all of the forecasters precipitation is .32"! Holy cow!

Yeah it's not gusts, it's max wind speed... Gonna be hard to get to 0.47, maybe something will pop up later here...

based on satellite imagery and the latest high res forecasts, it's looking less and less likely...part of me was so tempted to put 0.00...it's one way to jump points in this contest, go out on a limb and forecast no precip when there seems to be a general consensus that it will rain.

based on satellite imagery and the latest high res forecasts, it's looking less and less likely...part of me was so tempted to put 0.00...it's one way to jump points in this contest, go out on a limb and forecast no precip when there seems to be a general consensus that it will rain.

I had 0.00 too but at the time I would of been screwed if it had rained any. Clear skies and subsidence could push it to 90. New 2 PM OB says 88 with a SE wind at 8 kts.

what are the SSTs like down there? they don't seem to be having much of an effect...8/130 right now

About 85-86 F locally.

SSTs have fallen a bit recently, probably due to a combination of cloud cover and precip (and perhaps even some northerly return flow near the immediate coast and away from the Gulf Stream, but not sure about this).

So with highs > 88 F we should get some sea breeze activity, as we're beginning to see on sat and radar. Not sure if it will be enough to overcome large scale subsidence moving in tho.

Archived