• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
WxChallenge 2011-2012 Season

phil882

Three hours of 78 and no intra-hour low below that. Incredible! I feel like if the NWS was playing they would be near last place, iirc they went 74 for last night.

Oh well, if the wind relaxes this evening then there's still hope for a low of <78 before 06z Wed.

Those winds are impressive though, already sustained at 11 kts at 1253z.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three hours of 78 and no intra-hour low below that. Incredible! I feel like if the NWS was playing they would be near last place, iirc they went 74 for last night.

Oh well, if the wind relaxes this evening then there's still hope for a low of <78 before 06z Wed.

I'm pretty sure they are playing as "NWS23Z". Someone correct me if I'm wrong. As of now NWS23Z is in 1260th place.

From our local forecast contest here in my class at NC State last semester at KRDU, I noticed that the NWS' point-to-point forecasts really aren't that great. I and several of my classmates outforecasted them by a pretty good margin (and the NAM MOS outforecasted every single one of us, LOL...).

That may have just been an anomaly, though.

The bottom line is that the NWS is here for much more than generalized point-to-point forecasts, though, and I doubt that it is something they spend much time on.

believe I went 87/76/20/0.00

strong signal for increasing winds tomorrow...wouldn't be surprised if the max wind for today is increased to ~15kt as well.

current temp is 79F, so still an outside chance that the low for the day drops another degree from 78.

believe I went 87/76/20/0.00

strong signal for increasing winds tomorrow...wouldn't be surprised if the max wind for today is increased to ~15kt as well.

current temp is 79F, so still an outside chance that the low for the day drops another degree from 78.

Close to me...I went 87/76/17/0.00. Heights might be a tad lower, but I think clouds should thin tomorrow afternoon and allow for slightly higher temps.

Crap, I screwed up my forecast when entering the low temperature. It stated that:

The forecast was removed from the system for the following reason(s):

- Your low temperature is statistically abnormal.

:devilsmiley: I am not sure how it is going to score this now, but I know it won't be good. Ugh...

Proofreading FTL... I had three tests today, so I threw the forecast together really quickly.

Crap, I screwed up my forecast when entering the low temperature. It stated that:

The forecast was removed from the system for the following reason(s):

- Your low temperature is statistically abnormal.

:devilsmiley: I am not sure how it is going to score this now, but I know it won't be good. Ugh...

Proofreading FTL... I had three tests today, so I threw the forecast together really quickly.

So then what did you actually put?

Late to this thread...I'm running the FIU team this year. The team has no experience at all but they are doing a good job and learning fast. I'm doing terrible but today I will have a 0-point day if the wind is 19 knots. It looks like rain on Friday which should make for an exciting finish.

Archived